Ak-47's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Absolutely not.

Only American made would be PSA GF3 and later.

Century Import =usually OK.
    Century Build =
    Century Build = hit or miss like everything else that comes out of Century?

The best rifle that I ever had from Century was a G1 FAL that was built on a Century branded Imbel Gear Logo receiver. I ended up selling it to a FAL fanatic and he stripped it down to refinish/rebuild it. Even he said that was the best Century built rifle that he had ever seen, which made him wonder if it went to a real FAL gunsmith between the prior owner and myself. He said the two shocking things were that it was properly headspaced and had the correct locking shoulder, two of the things that Century managed to bungle. Also, it functioned properly, lol.

My only complaint about that rifle was that the prior owner put a DSA receiver mounted scope rail with a cheap Bushnell scope and crappy rings that would lose it's zero after every shot. I ended up placing that scope on top of a 10/22 with some Leupold rimfire rings and it has worked fine ever since.

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    I left out an American AK as I had no firsthand experience with it.

Century built AKs are complete crap. Do your research on AK forums and pages. Loose/bad rivets, broken cast parts, etc. You'll get dragged if you discuss them as good. Do not even dare mention I.O. AKs!

Now, last weekend I got to handle and purchase a Kalashnikov USA KR103 SFS.

This rifle feels and shoots better than the Arsenal SLR107 rifles I've owned and shot from friends. It is an almost identical clone of the real AK103. Slim stem bolt, carrier cuts, etc. Cold hammer forged and chrome line barrel.

If you can wait and pay the price, worth it.

If not, find a WASR, Maadi (NOT MISR 90!), SAR1, or new ZPAP if you must have a new rifle.

If you want the name and prestige, get an Arsenal. Just look for canted sights and gas blocks. (Same for WASRs but even more so if spending Arsenal money.)

Attachments

• 20220521_174734.jpg
      20220521_174734.jpg
      778.9 KB · Views: 90
    • 20220521_151341.jpg
      20220521_151341.jpg
      247.7 KB · Views: 92

DeadLock3003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2022
    NC
    You can't go wrong with a Romanian made WASR. I've had mine for about 10 years now and it's held up very well under hard use out in the woods and never jams. Some magazines tend to wobble around but it doesn't affect function.

E--rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Washington
    I just ordered a gf5e build.

Curious if anyone knows if the bolt carrier tail on these is toolcraft?
    Seeing the tail wear on alg triggers wondered if this is resolved?

Also how are romanian barrel receiver combos?

E--rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Washington
    I ordered barrel and receiver only.

From what I can find they have had some firing pin issues hence none available.
    Hard to tell of its a headspace or firing pin problem.
    Isolated somewhat but piercing primers damaging firing pins etc.
    Have everything for the build but shipping is delayed lol.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Man I bought 2 of the maxed out PSA AK’s with the forged bolt and trunnion for $599 and $699 and now they’re $1000. I like mine. They’re great rifles but I don’t think I’d go a grand for either of them.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Man I bought 2 of the maxed out PSA AK’s with the forged bolt and trunnion for $599 and $699 and now they’re $1000. I like mine. They’re great rifles but I don’t think I’d go a grand for either of them.

i agree i think they are real nice for $700-800 nice, they arnt $1000 nice... But who am i to think that, lol i dont think gas is $4.40 nice :mamoru: i guess after you factor in inflation thats about right, just still dont agree with it lol

Top Bottom