AK or AR shotgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I do not like detachable magazine fed shotguns.

Most have plastic bits.

Shotgun shells are heavy.

There is a lot of inertia when you launch 9 00 Buck pellets down range at 1200+ FPS. (recoil)

I doubt any of the magazines I've seen would hold up well over time to that kind of inertia with that much weight in them.

Just my opinion.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I do not like detachable magazine fed shotguns.

Most have plastic bits.

Shotgun shells are heavy.

There is a lot of inertia when you launch 9 00 Buck pellets down range at 1200+ FPS. (recoil)

I doubt any of the magazines I've seen would hold up well over time to that kind of inertia with that much weight in them.

Just my opinion.
    Ive seen plenty of metal 12 gauge mags. I wouldn’t be as concerned with the plastic ones id be more concerned with the magazine concept in general on a 12 gauge. Mag fed shotguns doesn’t seem to be something that has been perfected yet and I see no advantage over a traditional tube fed pump personally.

Tommy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2020
    Marreri
    I have a tristar krx semi-auto shotgun with detachable mags.it has treated me very well after the break in period. I have 2 five rd and 1 ten rd mags. After the break-in it has run everything I've thrown at it. Factory loads, my reloads, it doesn't matter it will cycle them. During break-in I had a few ftf but not so many that I hated it. I rather ar pattern due to ergonomics and familiarity with the ar platform. I plan on taking it duck hunting later this year and deer or hog hunting also.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I have a factory Vepr 12 that absolutely devours anything 1300 fps or faster, 2.75 or 3" shells. It will even shoot some lover velocity rounds. Its a blast and not too bad on recoil.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    AK style shotguns run surprisingly well, but the cost, weight, and size makes them a novelty outside of competition.

The Beretta 1301 is peak performance for scatterguns in 2021.

GearFondler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    Pearl River, LA
    Shotgun shells are plastic and can start to deform if left loaded in a stacked magazine... Oval shells don't feed very well.
    The Soviets solved that issue with fully brass shells but I've never seen them for sale in the US.
    If you don't plan to leave the mags loaded this is not an issue.
    Either way though, the correct answer is 1301T.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Beretta 1301 tactical

Or cool factor 12guage ak platform

Yes to the 1301T! Once you master shooting it, you can fire several 00 buckshot rounds in under 3 seconds. Every pull of the trigger will release 9 .33 cal pellets. With the entire magazine, you can put up a wall of projectiles that far exceeds a 30 round mag and much more effective than any SMG! The media doesn’t seem to know this though.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    I started looking at the AK 12ga platform, my reserch brought me to the Bull Pups with became very interesting to me because i will be carrying it on my Ranger so the small size seems perfect. I decided on the Tavor with the rotating magazines. Waiting on it, hoping its gonna be pretty cool.

GearFondler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    Pearl River, LA
    I started looking at the AK 12ga platform, my reserch brought me to the Bull Pups with became very interesting to me because i will be carrying it on my Ranger so the small size seems perfect. I decided on the Tavor with the rotating magazines. Waiting on it, hoping its gonna be pretty cool.
    The TS12, if utterly reliable, is definitely pretty damn tempting. Kind of heavy and unique manual of arms are about the only negatives I see... Very short OAL and a whole lot of firepower makes up for that IMHO.

Dababy1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 3, 2021
    Amite, la
    The TS12, if utterly reliable, is definitely pretty damn tempting. Kind of heavy and unique manual of arms are about the only negatives I see... Very short OAL and a whole lot of firepower makes up for that IMHO.

Kalashnikov usa ks12 tactical is about the best choice as of now in my opinion

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Unless you’re talking about a AA-12 with a drum (and perhaps the Saiga), the majority of drop mag shotguns are only good for fun. I can ghost load a 10th round in my 930 and keep it topped off faster than I can swap a 10 round mag in a AK or AR style shotgun AND the entire package is a lot more solid, maneuverable and dependable. Don’t buy this? Shoot one on any type of course and give it a run through. Hit the deck and try firing prone. Bump it against an obstacle and hope you don’t lose the inertia anchor that feeds it. Again, they’re big fun, if that’s the only reason you want one. I shot one of the AR style ones a few years back and it ran great and was a fun shooter. Recoil was about on par with other autos I guess. Beretta, Benelli, even Mossberg all offer auto 12’s far better suited for defense or competition in my opinion.

Dababy1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 3, 2021
    Amite, la
    The kusa 12 is a direct, some say better,clone of a saiga 12.
    That's what I was referring to.

Available on the website, in stock for a decent price,despite the current crazy market.

Tommy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2020
    Marreri
    Unless you’re talking about a AA-12 with a drum (and perhaps the Saiga), the majority of drop mag shotguns are only good for fun. I can ghost load a 10th round in my 930 and keep it topped off faster than I can swap a 10 round mag in a AK or AR style shotgun AND the entire package is a lot more solid, maneuverable and dependable. Don’t buy this? Shoot one on any type of course and give it a run through. Hit the deck and try firing prone. Bump it against an obstacle and hope you don’t lose the inertia anchor that feeds it. Again, they’re big fun, if that’s the only reason you want one. I shot one of the AR style ones a few years back and it ran great and was a fun shooter. Recoil was about on par with other autos I guess. Beretta, Benelli, even Mossberg all offer auto 12’s far better suited for defense or competition in my opinion.

While I will admit that tube fed semi-auto is better for prone due to the length of a 10rd mag fed shotgun I will say that I am able to go prone with my 5rd mags as easily as someone with a 30rd ar15 mag. My tristar has been super reliable. I am even gonna try 3 gun later this year after I finish my ar9.

HLM

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jun 15, 2021
    Hammond la
    I have a lynx 12. It cycles anything. Including low brass Winchester western loads. They have an adjustable gas system and threaded barrel for a can. Ive put about 2k through it. Mostly skeet shooting. Love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I’m voting again, if we can do it in the presidential election I can do it here, with no ID either!!!!! Another vote for 1301 tactical, just put another 100 rounds thru it, and it’s amazing!!!!! Fastest I have ever shot a shot gun, well besides when I was 14yrs old and my ol man put me on a stump with 20guage and that little 4pt came out… :mamoru: I think he’s still running, but that’s another story, lol…. I know it’s hard to believe but the 1301 is so flat shooting and with the blink gas system it’s ready before you are!!! Only have about 500 rounds thru it but not one hiccup yet with anything from mild to wild ammo!!!!

Attachments

• C6A2B526-5941-49D6-9764-C7AD8D861F0D.jpg
      C6A2B526-5941-49D6-9764-C7AD8D861F0D.jpg
      270.4 KB · Views: 147

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom