AK Pistola not go bang

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Ok so I am still working on my pistol from the build in February.
    I can shoot 4-5 shots out of it rapid fire then it goes click. I then cock/clear/charge/rack whatever you want to call it and a live round ejects w/o having a primer strike on it. Anyone have any thoughts as to what might be occurring?

Thanks

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    It does go click and the bolt is all the way forward. I will recheck it again this week and see. I shot it last week and it was having all kind of troubles. I cleaned it real good and took it out Friday and it did the click, click on me. I will try it again this week.
    Damn that thing is loud though.

KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I hear Bam Bam is Da Man on the Ak's..Dont waste your time...Let him go through it for you...!!!!....

kemo

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I looked at the live shells that I had ejected last night after I had shut my computer down and they have the faintest firing pin strikes. I guess I didn't see them in the sunlight. I will try to pics up later of them.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    While its empty.I repeat EMPTY pull the trigger and hold it down rack the slide then release trigger.you should hear a click (trigger reseting) then pull the trigger you should hear another click(hammer falling).Do this several times fast while listning for the clicks.When you come to the pinmatch on the 12th of october bring it so we can test it with live ammo.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    While its empty.I repeat EMPTY pull the trigger and hold it down rack the slide then release trigger.you should hear a click (trigger reseting) then pull the trigger you should hear another click(hammer falling).Do this several times fast while listning for the clicks.When you come to the pinmatch on the 12th of october bring it so we can test it with live ammo.

First time doing that to an AK but it performed as it should I guess, only done it with an AR before.

What if I was to put my bolt from my rifle, not my-rifles's rifle; but my rifle in it and try it out. WOuld that at least narrow things down? Like if it works then it is the firing pin and if it don't then it aint the firing pin?

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    First time doing that to an AK but it performed as it should I guess, only done it with an AR before.

What if I was to put my bolt from my rifle, not my-rifles's rifle; but my rifle in it and try it out. WOuld that at least narrow things down? Like if it works then it is the firing pin and if it don't then it aint the firing pin?

Thats how Sherlock Holmes would do it.LOLWhile you have the bolt out shake it to see if the firing pin is free and traveling.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom