Alec Baldwin charged with involuntary manslaughter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    I could see a large civil suit (which he apparently already settled one of them)as he was the producer but nothing criminal, maybe the da just felt pressure to bring the charges on a highly publicized case but in all likelihood nothing to worry about as long as he listens to his legal team but he already made a mess of that he should have made no statements at all about the incident outside of your typical tragic in grief and unfortunate etc type thing

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    This is all for show . All parties are trying to make it go away . He won't serve any time . Probation , community service , MAYBE a fine .

Plw8

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    Covington
    How much do you want to bet he does zero time and doesn't pay any fines?
    I hope he doesn’t get convicted of this said crime! I think it’s the persons fault that was working armory. Unless they have some malicious intent between the two charged. They will both walk on this one as I don’t think there was any intention to kill. Definitely carelessness by the two and the crew involved in working this set. Watch it be something where she knew she was given him a loaded gun with a live round. We can all speculate on what happened but truly they will be the only ones to know the truth!

tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    I could see a large civil suit (which he apparently already settled one of them)as he was the producer but nothing criminal, maybe the da just felt pressure to bring the charges on a highly publicized case but in all likelihood nothing to worry about as long as he listens to his legal team but he already made a mess of that he should have made no statements at all about the incident outside of your typical tragic in grief and unfortunate etc type thing
    Famous defense lawyer Robert Shapiro said he very much doubts they can convince a jury of 12 that Baldwin acted with intent. Apparently that is an element of the charge of manslaughter. If so, going to be a tough case for the prosecution.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I guess I have enough friends to speak my mind on this. I really don’t like Baldwin. Can’t stand the man, but I feel as strongly about his innocence in all this. He was not the armorer. He did not introduce live ammo onto the set. He was handed a pistol, directed by the videographer where to point the pistol and lo and behold, that videographer was killed. Very little was ever stated about the person(s) who were responsible for the props and handled that particular firearm before handing it to Baldwin.
    And the really big head shaker for me: hearing folks go on and on about gun safety and not pointing any gun at anyone like Baldwin was at the range. Folks, I challenge you to watch your favorite shoot ‘em up and find it completely free of guns pointing at people, firing blanks at point blank range, placed to others’ heads, etc. It’s acting. It’s make believe. The rules are different. Somebody is responsible for making sure every prop gun is as safe as a pop tart gun. So the action can happen and the video can roll. That would be the armorer. If any of you ever bothered to read about Brandon Lee’s death during the filming of “The Crow” you’d know that nearly the same situation occurred. Someone was handed a pistol with a squib in the barrel, (having been used to fire live ammo at some point for whatever forked up reason) loaded a blank and the expected, although unintended result occurred. I believe he was shot in the abdomen. I’m not sure by who because it was never noted as vigorously as the news about Baldwin. A well known actor shot and killed on set. I don’t remember if anyone was ever even prosecuted for this very similar avoidable freak accident.
    But there was no narrative to feed either. Times have changed. If it’s gun related, it fits into a narrative and they will stir the masses however they might. ‘Cause guns…
    Just my 2 common sense.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I agree with Magdump on a lot of points . They were not at a range and like it or not , different protocols are used on movie sets . Those protocols were not followed apparently . I don't believe there was any intent on Baldwin's part . That would be a foolish assumption in my opinion . Don't get me wrong , I despise the man for a lot of reasons that have nothing to do with this .

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    Yeah this would be the easiest case to defend, like shouldn't even cost that much but I'm sure he will end up dropping a ton of money on it. I get the idea that a large portion of people just don't like the dude because of politics and stuff and would probably enjoy seeing him go to jail for something (which is kind of an odd thing to want) but luckily our legal system doesn't work that way

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    As it has been said that Alex was handed a gun that supposidly safe... Some have even said the he personally should have checked and verified that the gun was safe.....But does Alex actually have the knowledge and mental capacity to know how to check a gun for being safe and properly loaded with blank(prop) ammunition and not live rounds... But this dog and pony show with the criminal charges will be played out in the media and in my opinon like I said is going to be dog and pony show. ..................................... drill sgt,

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I hope he doesn’t get convicted of this said crime! I think it’s the persons fault that was working armory. Unless they have some malicious intent between the two charged. They will both walk on this one as I don’t think there was any intention to kill. Definitely carelessness by the two and the crew involved in working this set. Watch it be something where she knew she was given him a loaded gun with a live round. We can all speculate on what happened but truly they will be the only ones to know the truth!
    News I saw last night stated
    Both Baldwin and the person who was running the Armory are both charged.
    I did not get her name but it was mentioned and showed a picture of her ( lady with the multiple colored crazy hair) but glossed over her quickly. So they could spend most of the time on bashing Baldwin. As he stated he never pulled the trigger.
    So most of what was shown was him and clips of his interview. Where he said the gun went off he never pulled the trigger.
    So looks like the DA charged both and the Jury will see evidence and decide

ruffrideralec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Lafayette
    How much do you want to bet he does zero time and doesn't pay any fines?
    I'll take that bet. Especially the fines part. Not sure about time but I know he'll pay a fines. He's already lost a civil suit and paid millions. I believe the testimony in that case is why the DA has charged him criminally. But anyway they'll give hive him the bare minimum and allow him to pay his way out of jail time.

Top Bottom