Ammo availability

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    SGammo - Family owned, ships fast, reasonable shipping charges. Website shows stock inventory. Good prices on what they have. They sell by individual boxes or whole cases

I also like Selway Armory. Great selection and prices. Shipping is reasonable, but I think they are in Montana or Wyoming so it takes a while to get here.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    i agree sgammo is gtg, have ordered alot from them, but they have jacked up there prices also... they have went up .14 cents in the last 2 days on the same exact ammo, 2 days ago it was $359 per 1k now its $499 per 1k for same exact ammo... and that cant be blamed on new order comming in, thats increasing prices on already stocked ammo in there warehouse, every body is taking advantage of the market i guess

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    this is the only ammo they only went up on $10 in the last 2 days, and about the cheapest you will find it as of now even though its corrosive

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    i agree sgammo is gtg, have ordered alot from them, but they have jacked up there prices also... they have went up .14 cents in the last 2 days on the same exact ammo, 2 days ago it was $359 per 1k now its $499 per 1k for same exact ammo... and that cant be blamed on new order comming in, thats increasing prices on already stocked ammo in there warehouse, every body is taking advantage of the market i guess
    Use to be one of my go to places but their prices plus shipping are no longer worth it.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I used them quite a bit before they raised their prices.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I don’t always use the same place for ammo. I use ammo find and go for whoever has what I want for the cheapest price. A lot of the places I used to use most often have too high of prices for me these days.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    So they can give away a million rounds of ammo and pay for the shipping as well but can’t sell it for a more affordable price to the American consumers?

I can already see ammo companies raising the prices yet again to “help support Ukrainian”

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    SGAmmo is a good source. Also Target Sports USA. They normally offer free shipping on case lots. SGAmmo has just started offering free shipping. As for those people blasting SG and others for their prices, there is a demand for ammo that is unpresidented. Manufacturers are working their plants at full capacity, but are still having some issues getting materials. If you look at some videos you will see their shelves are empty. They ship out what they manufacture . Nothing sits on a shelf. I do believe some online companies are price gouging (CTD comes to mind) but i look at several sites and compare ammo and find that SG, Target Sports, and several others are all priced about the same for the same ammo. If you are looking for ammo prices from 3 to 4 years ago, sorry.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    SGAmmo is a good source. Also Target Sports USA. They normally offer free shipping on case lots. SGAmmo has just started offering free shipping. As for those people blasting SG and others for their prices, there is a demand for ammo that is unpresidented. Manufacturers are working their plants at full capacity, but are still having some issues getting materials. If you look at some videos you will see their shelves are empty. They ship out what they manufacture . Nothing sits on a shelf. I do believe some online companies are price gouging (CTD comes to mind) but i look at several sites and compare ammo and find that SG, Target Sports, and several others are all priced about the same for the same ammo. If you are looking for ammo prices from 3 to 4 years ago, sorry.
    My man the shelves at Academy are slap full. The shelves haven’t been empty for quite some time now. I’m even consistently seeing odd ball calibers when I go now. SGammo raised prices like everyone else for sure but the prices they have are now higher than most. At the end of the day buy ammo from whoever you like but personally I’m not loyal to any one company. I buy ammo for whoever is willing to sell it to me for the best price. No reason to overpay when we have search engines like ammobuy and ammoseek

hkennc

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Gonzales
    What is your favorite place to purchase ammo that usually has it in stock?
    I frequent the Academy on Seigen in Baton Rouge. They have a decent variety, and the prices are well within the current market.
    A box of 200 Winchester 62gr 'Green Tips' was $130. CCI Blazer Brass 115 or 124gr was, I believe $19. I haven't been to the Cabela's in Gonzales in quite a while, but they always seem a bit more expensive.
    On line, before the SHTF again, TargetSportsUSA was my go to. 1000 rounds of Blazer Brass, 124gr was $170. I think the last time I ordered 5.56 was in 2020 and a 1000 rds of Lake City 55gr FMJ went for $280 with free shipping. Also bought five boxes of Sellier & Bellot 300 AAC Blackout Ammo 200gr Subsonic for $11 a box and Winchester Super Suppressed 300 AAC Blackout Ammo 200gr FMJ for $13. Those were the days.

Top Bottom