Ammo prices going up again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Official.
    Vista Outdoors already mentioned this but it’s now unanimous. They’re saying April 1st, but you know that means yesterday.
    War
    Commodities
    Panic buying
    Primary loading companies here in the US announced they’re raising prices.
    Hang onto your stash pile.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Official.
    Vista Outdoors already mentioned this but it’s now unanimous. They’re saying April 1st, but you know that means yesterday.
    War
    Commodities
    Panic buying
    Primary loading companies here in the US announced they’re raising prices.
    Hang onto your stash pile.
    Yep. Last time announcements like this were made academy raised its prices twice In like a 3 week span. I can remember 5 price increases on ammo since 2020 at Academy. Isn’t it crazy that I saw 100 round boxes of 223 today for .60 per round and thought wow this is actually a decent deal. Better than the .70-.80 per round on all other 223 fmj. Crazy times

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    ammo prices going up!!!!!

41rtCeQ8xrL._AC_SS450_.jpg

61q6nun7tFL._AC_SL1455_.jpg

Attachments

• 61q6nun7tFL._AC_SL1455_.jpg
      61q6nun7tFL._AC_SL1455_.jpg
      67.1 KB · Views: 124

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yep. Last time announcements like this were made academy raised its prices twice In like a 3 week span. I can remember 5 price increases on ammo since 2020 at Academy. Isn’t it crazy that I saw 100 round boxes of 223 today for .60 per round and thought wow this is actually a decent deal. Better than the .70-.80 per round on all other 223 fmj. Crazy times
    Dang. I knew it was going down and supposedly a little more available lately but I’m not looking. Only ammo I’ve bought in the past couple years has been for other folks looking. I know it’s a crying shame when a hunter can’t find hunting ammo. One thing I don’t get though.. Suddenly all these little first time hunter 6 year olds are shooting 300 win mags and .270 Winchester or 30-06. At least that’s what their dad’s are trying so hard to get for them…

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I sent a message to several large ammunition distributors today and this is the best answer I received.

Hi,

Thank you for giving us your feedback with us.
    We appreciate you providing us feedback regarding our pricing. We understand it can be frustrating to see prices go up. After we sold out of almost ALL of our ammo our costs went up for us to be able to get more. As our costs go back down our prices will go back down as well.
    All inventory and pricing are accurate as listed online and shipping is calculated once all items are in the cart and a shipping address is entered. Our apologies for the inconvenience as Prices in the ammo/gun industry fluctuate constantly.

Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Janina

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Most of y’all don’t shoot it any way

you’d be surprised
    I doubt it. I’m sure many are shooting a lot less due to prices and availability, but you can’t discount the number of people who know enough to stock up or those who have thousands of rounds of .22LR and continue to shoot on a regular basis. Maybe take a poll before you speak for most of us. My interpretation of most of you is 80% or more. Technically, the majority of anything is 51% or more, but that’s not most of.

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    I doubt it. I’m sure many are shooting a lot less due to prices and availability, but you can’t discount the number of people who know enough to stock up or those who have thousands of rounds of .22LR and continue to shoot on a regular basis. Maybe take a poll before you speak for most of us. My interpretation of most of you is 80% or more. Technically, the majority of anything is 51% or more, but that’s not most of.
    Don’t get butt hurt, it’s ok

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom