Ammo Prices

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    LOL, Just be sure you don’t self check out. They take your picture there but not if you wait in line and go to a cashier. I over heard that piece of advice while having lunch at a local restaurant. An old man in the booth next to us was telling two young women about how he works the same system with EBT. He hooked them up with some grocery money but told them do NOT go through the self checkout. Who knew?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Any clue if it will come back down this year?
    You can expect at least 3 more years of these prices.
    I still have ammo sealed up from the Bush Jr era
    Prices:
    9mm-$5 box
    .22- 97 cents box
    44mag $15.99 box of 50
    LC 193 surplus 9 cents
    LC (SS 109) green tips-12 cents
    Many boxes still have price stickers, some from stores that no longer exist. Some I bought before the Clinton era. Most recent bulk purchases were during the Bush years. I would buy more if prices did come back down like the might in 2024-25, but would be ok if they don’t because of two reasons:
    I store my ammo correctly so it stays fresh for decades and I’m not selling what I’ve stacked. The only time I’ve turned loose of any is when I had too much to store for long term or saw a chance to trade for other calibers I wanted.

I agree with Dan because he’s right. It’s all speculation. But there are clues. As long as Democrats run any faction of government and there’s a threat to firearms in general, we have a Democrat or anti-gun POTUS, you can count on all things gun related to be in demand and prices to be higher than.. that word… oh yeah, NORMAL.
    Demand has tapered slightly so if you look you’ll see prices have followed. In my experience, even when demand does a complete 180, it takes a minimum of 1 year before you can walk into a store and see full shelves with sane prices. That’s how it was when Trump beat Hillary unless you guys forgot already. That’s how it was when Clinton left the White House years ago. Hopefully that’s how it will be by 2025. But I’m speculating…

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    First off it isn't the ammo makers who are keeping the prices high, it is the retailers. The middle man is the one raking in the huge profits on ammo.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    First off it isn't the ammo makers who are keeping the prices high, it is the retailers. The middle man is the one raking in the huge profits on ammo.
    It’s absolutely both. The manufacturers keep doing price increases as well as the retailers. As a matter of fact go straight to the source and take a look at the prices on federal website. While it’s not wholesale prices to a vendor it’s still higher prices than what most vendor’s are selling it for.

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Most manufacturers have an MSRP, this is what they will sell it at to you direct. Most retailers don't sell at MSRP, they sell at much lower prices when there is a glut and at much higher prices when there is a shortage.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    The costs of all industrial metals has skyrocketed and the days of .15 cent 9mm are long gone. If you didn't get while the gettin' was good, you'd best settle for .30 cent rounds, stock up and then make a few moves on physical silver and gold before historic inflation becomes grossly apparent.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    You think that is a great price for 9mm FMJ ammunition?
    It's excellent compared to prices that some plunked down when the shortage 1st took hold of the market -everyone thinks it'll always "settle down" and get cheap again. That's some flimsy logic when looking at world economies and our own 30 trillion dollar disaster.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    It's excellent compared to prices that some plunked down when the shortage 1st took hold of the market -everyone thinks it'll always "settle down" and get cheap again. That's some flimsy logic when looking at world economies and our own 30 trillion dollar disaster.

$19.25 OTD may be okay but far from excellent.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    The price of good self defense ammo only went up a little since 2020. It's the FMJ range stuff that went way up. I don't think we will see the days of .17 per round again. Raw materials have increased considerable and even with more production demand is so high with all the new gun owners.

I would say .35/round OTD is about the going rate right now for brass FMJ. Maybe will get to .25/round one day

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    The price of good self defense ammo only went up a little since 2020. It's the FMJ range stuff that went way up. I don't think we will see the days of .17 per round again. Raw materials have increased considerable and even with more production demand is so high with all the new gun owners.

I would say .35/round OTD is about the going rate right now for brass FMJ. Maybe will get to .25/round one day
    A little? It doubled in price just like the fmj.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Sorry guys, the only way to get prices back to an acceptable level is to complain all the time to the ones selling the ammo. Loud and long. So on your next purchase at these too high prices, do the community a favor, and yourself, send a note and tell them that you are dissatisfied at these prices.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    You think that is a great price for 9mm FMJ ammunition?
    Yes. That is $17.50 a box. Was paying about $12 before Biden and the pandemic. I do not see it going much lower considering inflation @ 7.5% over that past year, $4 dollar a gallon fuel, and the cost of everything rising. So I figure thats about where the new normal will be between $15 - 19 for cheap range ammo.

Last year at this time I saw people at gun shows selling range ammo 9mm for $45 a box.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom