Ammo Prices

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Anybody have any idea where ammo prices will land? I'm seeing 9mm for a little over $.30/rnd. While this is better than last year, i still remember not that long ago (before the shortage) buying 9mm for $.13/rnd. Just wondering if it's going to get lower or is this the 'new normal'? While I don't shoot 9 (I bought it for friends at work) I do shoot .40, .45ACP, 10mm, and.223/5.56.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Nobody here knows where it will land . A whole lot of speculation though . The ammo companies are going to keep the price higher than what you used to pay . You can count on that .

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    This is not the first time in the last 30 years or so that prices have gone up and or shortages have come around due to administration changes, laws or other bull spit.
    Prices will stay a bit higher due to and if components / raw materials cost is up due to economic pressures. Once that falls back down and the shelves are loaded with ammo the prices will fall back to normal.
    Again this has happened three times in the last 20 years that I can recall though we have lucked out twice before without raw materials going ass high in cost driving prices up farther. When folks start panic buying for any reason the cost will go up due to supply and demand. Add on top of this a crap economy with rising cost of raw materials and supply issues into the country for said materials and we have the current **** storm being experienced now.

Once things come back to a more normal and ammunition is sitting on shelves like two years ago, the prices will fall and thus should be the time that regular shooters like ourselves should be following the best advise old timers ever gave, buy it cheap and stack it deep.

H_B

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 22, 2021
    Baton Rouge
    If you dont have reddit, get it. If you have reddit look at

r/instockammo and r/ammoinstock.

Ive seen 9mm for 30-35 cpr. I know its not 2019 prices but it is what it is. Its better that 50-60 cpr

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If you dont have reddit, get it. If you have reddit look at

r/instockammo and r/ammoinstock.

Ive seen 9mm for 30-35 cpr. I know its not 2019 prices but it is what it is. Its better that 50-60 cpr
    I use ammobuy.com or ammoseek.com

I much prefer both of these websites over reddit. It’s a search engine where you can search for whatever caliber you’d like and modify the search such as no steel case, no remain, brass only, gr weights, defensive ammo only, and so on. They list the prices from cheapest to most expensive. Also since they are 3rd part websites that link you to the actual seller the home website has no control over the reviews left. I’ve been using these sites for a few years now and have always had good luck with finding the best deals available. It’s also updated in real time.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Any clue if it will come back down this year?
    Nobody has a answer for that only speculation. In my opinion I don’t see it coming down anytime soon and probably not this year or next. When you factor in all of the new gun owners and the amount of people who are trying to buy as much ammo as possible right now this is really a different scenario than the last handful of shortages/ high prices we’ve experienced. Also the cost of everything is up.

I stop at my local Academy maybe once a week or every other week. Talking to the guys at the gun counter they tell me things haven’t really slowed down. People are still buying it as fast as they put it out. The only reason more is available now is because the shipments they are getting are slightly larger than they were previously.

H_B

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 22, 2021
    Baton Rouge
    I use ammobuy.com or ammoseek.com

I much prefer both of these websites over reddit. It’s a search engine where you can search for whatever caliber you’d like and modify the search such as no steel case, no remain, brass only, gr weights, defensive ammo only, and so on. They list the prices from cheapest to most expensive. Also since they are 3rd part websites that link you to the actual seller the home website has no control over the reviews left. I’ve been using these sites for a few years now and have always had good luck with finding the best deals available. It’s also updated in real time.
    Good to know. Thanks

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    I believe the supply shortages and higher material component cost will encourage expansion of manufacturing of components and more efficiency which will lower the costs after a few years. Demand will play a critical role in this of course. Perceived national security and geopolitics will also play a significant role. Powers law it's a vacuum for money to be made. Remember when you stockpile over priced goods you are effectively raising the demand and artificially inflating cost. I stocked up a long time ago luckily: because I live in a rural area and hunt seasonly. I have seen shortages on hunting ammo and have had to hunt with subpar ammo. So I learned my lesson. But if you need ammo at least shop around for the lowest prices and get just what you need. And of course shop sales! When you shop sales you encourage other vendors to drop prices to sell more ammo!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    More and more of the ammo production is being consolidated into fewer companies . A lot of buyouts in the ammo / firearm industry . Fewer players means less competition and makes it easier to control prices . Sure , they'll come down a little bit to stimulate the holdouts , but I'm not convinced we'll see 12.00/bx 9mm as the norm . I hope I'm wrong ..

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    More and more of the ammo production is being consolidated into fewer companies . A lot of buyouts in the ammo / firearm industry . Fewer players means less competition and makes it easier to control prices . Sure , they'll come down a little bit to stimulate the holdouts , but I'm not convinced we'll see 12.00/bx 9mm as the norm . I hope I'm wrong ..

They are making a record number of rounds but many liberal Democrats are now buying a record number of firearms and needing ammunition for them. I do not expect any quality 9mm rounds to sell for less than $15 a box OTD any time soon.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Can ammo be bought with EBT cards?
    Of course, indirectly.

I had a lady come up to me at Win Dixie a few weeks ago and ask me if I was paying with cash. I just look at her like she was crazy and didn’t say anything. She then told me she was asking because if I was she would pay for my groceries with her ebt card if I gave her the cash. I said no thanks when she then told me she’d “hook me up” and give me a .50 on the dollar deal.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Of course, indirectly.

I had a lady come up to me at Win Dixie a few weeks ago and ask me if I was paying with cash. I just look at her like she was crazy and didn’t say anything. She then told me she was asking because if I was she would pay for my groceries with her ebt card if I gave her the cash. I said no thanks when she then told me she’d “hook me up” and give me a .50 on the dollar deal.
    And you said hmmmmm ok, fo sho….. Roflol

Top Bottom