Ammo storage

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Target Sports USA

Industry Partner
    Nov 22, 2022
    This week's blog post is all about ammo cans.
    Check it out and let us know what you think

dwhaley929

Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    I used to store my reloads in plastic MTM type boxes but that takes a lot of time. I reload for every caliber I own and it was getting to be a pain. I switched to ammo cans and it's way more convenient. Plus, it looks pretty cool too.

Jstudz220

Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Metal ammo cans with rubber seals is the only way to do it imo. I have several and keep them stored indoors. Personally I buy brand new ones because I keep them in my house. Every six months or so I’ll pull them out of the safe and go through each and every one and change out the desicant. Probably overkill but the way I see it is it’s just cheap insurance for a very valuable investment.

I also have each ammo can labeled by caliber as well as its own individual number. That way I can put in my notes exactly what’s in each ammo can and when it was purchased. This keeps rotating and storing things easy and convenient. Also makes it a lot easier when looking for something specific I can go directly to that ammo can instead of popping the top on several searching for what I need.

The only thing I use plastic ammo cans for is spare parts. I prefer Plano with a rubber seal. The shotgun shell ammo boxes are nice because they can hold a good bit of spare parts, springs, magazines, or whatever you desire and they stack well in the safe.

Jstudz220

Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    These are the ammo can labels I prefer. They can get pretty expensive if doing it all at once and they range about $3-$6 depending on which caliber or wording you get. Definitely cheaper options but I find these look good and help to easily identify the caliber.

FGD 9mm Ammo Box Label Set (Decals) Two 3.49"x 1.5" one 1.75"x0.75" (Labels Only Ammo Can NOT Included) https://a.co/d/6dvm4vd

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom