And so it continues down in NOLA.....more shootings 01/07/12...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Aaaaand cancelling any plans to visit the southern part of this state. It seems its the same east to west, top to bottom, or where are the good parts? I thought br was good, and no had culture?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Hollygrove is "one of those places". My wife drives through Hollygrove every day with my 3-year-old to go to work and day care. It's always peaceful when we pass. At night though it's a free-fire zone. I've been driving though there for 24 years. Several times when my bicycle had problems I stopped, knocked on a random door, and phoned for help (This was before cell phones, mind you.) In the past five years I befriended a little girl who lives there and who likes my daughter. Sweet kid, but a little rough. Her mom is always a bit uncomfortable when they come to the playground near my house to play with my daughter. Within a fifteen block radius of their home there were I think seven murders last year.

Hollygrove is mostly populated by black blue-collar working folks who own their homes. When you go though there, if you deviate from the main roads you'll see dilapidated houses with cats-claw growing over the rooves and peeling paint that draws your attention from the boarded windows. I've probably greeted some of the shooters in my passage through there. You see, I ride a bicycle and a scooter, so there's no separation between me and the people I pass. My best defense is a friendly, happy attitude. Personally my belief is that in Hollygrove, as in most of the neighborhoods where the killings happen, you're safe as long as you don't live there or you're VERY, VERY unlucky and get hit by a stray.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Hollygrove is "one of those places". My wife drives through Hollygrove every day with my 3-year-old to go to work and day care. It's always peaceful when we pass. At night though it's a free-fire zone. I've been driving though there for 24 years. Several times when my bicycle had problems I stopped, knocked on a random door, and phoned for help (This was before cell phones, mind you.) In the past five years I befriended a little girl who lives there and who likes my daughter. Sweet kid, but a little rough. Her mom is always a bit uncomfortable when they come to the playground near my house to play with my daughter. Within a fifteen block radius of their home there were I think seven murders last year.

Hollygrove is mostly populated by black blue-collar working folks who own their homes. When you go though there, if you deviate from the main roads you'll see dilapidated houses with cats-claw growing over the rooves and peeling paint that draws your attention from the boarded windows. I've probably greeted some of the shooters in my passage through there. You see, I ride a bicycle and a scooter, so there's no separation between me and the people I pass. My best defense is a friendly, happy attitude. Personally my belief is that in Hollygrove, as in most of the neighborhoods where the killings happen, you're safe as long as you don't live there or you're VERY, VERY unlucky and get hit by a stray.
    I've been places like that. most crime is "internal"?

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Ya think the shootings in N.O. up to this point have been bad. Just wait till tonight. The natives are getting restless and no matter the outcome of the game there's sure to be rioting and innocent people who will lose their lives tonight.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Ya think the shootings in N.O. up to this point have been bad. Just wait till tonight. The natives are getting restless and no matter the outcome of the game there's sure to be rioting and innocent people who will lose their lives tonight.

All for a game I hope to sleep through, lol.

LSU pride = State pride here, though, except for the few lucky enough to live in the GOOD historic areas of NO and a couple of other towns, so of course it's a big deal here that will result in a ton of people losing their **** and going wild.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    You're lucky to be in North LA. When they run out of crack in N.O. they head over here to Baton Rouge. Apparently there's been a shortage since Katrina.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You're lucky to be in North LA. When they run out of crack in N.O. they head over here to Baton Rouge. Apparently there's been a shortage since Katrina.

I don't feel lucky. Then again, I don't live in NO or BR, so I have nothing to compare it to, and I guess everything is subjective, but what you propose is like a man with no foot telling a man with no hand that he is lucky.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish

There will be no rioting. There has never been rioting in New Orleans. It's too relaxed down here. Rioting is just so much - trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom