any issues with different gen glocks nowdays?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    i plan on buying a glock 26 soon but i havent been keeping up with glock gens. i have a gen 3 glock 19 and its just fine imo. should i insist on a gen 3 glock 26?

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    and since the 26 is a 3.5 inch barrel, are some hollow points performing better in gel than others?

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    i plan on buying a glock 26 soon but i havent been keeping up with glock gens. i have a gen 3 glock 19 and its just fine imo. should i insist on a gen 3 glock 26?
    Why the 26 ? Respectfully you should look at the newer models. The 26 is old and fat (literally, lol) and been replaced with better models.

yamaha0343

Glock > XD
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    Then why not just go with a Glock 19
    Because he wants a new gun and has to act while he still has Ms Sloppy Joe approval. For real though, the Glock 19 is the just right of handguns.

I like the Gen 5s, though I don't have a 26. I like my 19. And for $50 more over the Gen 3 guns you get a third mag plus the new features, so it's almost a wash. And I don't miss the finger grooves as they never fit my hands right.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    When I was looking for a Glock 20 I’d heard of some feed issues with the early ones. Took that as advice and got a late model with no problems. Otherwise, they’re pretty dang ugly. The lot of them.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The 26 is a superb gun. I've owned them in gen 3, 4, and 5, and they've all worked flawlessly. All other things equal, I'd get the gen 5 and its improved trigger, but at that point it's splitting hairs.

Mike

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    The 26 I'm keeping has been put through hell and runs like a champ, the pretty one gets a new home, Gen 3. All of my Glocks have been Gen 3 so far, never even held a Gen 5. I haven't really heard of anyone having problems with any of the Glocks, aside from feeding problems with the Glock 36 on rare occasion. As long as your grip is strong they all cycle and go bang every time, from my experience.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Sloppy Joe, If you haven't already pulled the trigger (pun intended) I would stay with the Gen 3 if that is what your are comfortable with. I have several Gen 3 Glocks that i shoot very well. When the company I worked for went to Gen 4 Glocks, I struggled to qualify. The Gen 4's have a thinner frame, as you may have noticed. It required a change in my grip. Now, with the grip inserts you may be able to remedy that. I am still experimenting with a Gen 4 G22 by trying the grip inserts. Some may say I just needed more practice The trainers, who are friends of mine, kept telling me I needed to adjust my grip. I have 2 Gen 3 Glocks and several 1911's. I have the same grip for all of them and shoot them quite well. As 1 told my trainer buddy, I ain't changing my grip for one gun. If you can have the same guns with the same grip and feel, makes it a lot easier, IMO, to consistently with different weapons

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom