Anybody watchin'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Cajun Pawn Stars? Its filmed in Alexanderia at Silver Dollar Pawn and Jewelry. Its pretty depressing.
    Just another attempt at look at the fat-stupid people of Louisiana with their backwoods catch phrases.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    The biggest insult is calling people from around Alexandria, "Cajun".

If America knew what a real Cajun is, they would be impressed.

Long story short... Cajuns didn't cry and scream at the Government when Rita hit. We fixed our problems ourselves.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    No that one was mine but watching the show it seemed obvious that just about everyone had to spit out some sort of scripted saying.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I met someone from New Jersey and he could not believe I was from Louisiana. He swore that everyone in LA were missing teeth and talked like Bubba Gump.

In all honesty though, I though everyone from New Jersey looked like this:

96%20The%20Guido%20Nerd!_thumb.jpg

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I bet they don't show "Bid Daddy' aka "Elvis" telling his pilot to keep flying when engine trouble developed and they ultimately crashed and killed his son.............

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I stumbled into that store before I knew they were filming last month.. signs all over saying it.. IMO everything was retail priced and it was just like grandma's clutter room.. nothing worth looking at..

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    original pawn stars isn't worth a watch IMO either. An Alexandria is too far North to claim "Cajun"

No way, everyone up here knows that Alexandria is the cut off point you can talk with an accent without being laughed at to your face. Behind your back is not only allowed but encouraged though.

I had the misfortune of working for a family from Bossier, the oldest & dumbest son was taking over the business and he was the only one in the family that had a Cajun accent. I guess the X on the end of his name causes the accent gene to randomly appear in 1 out of 50 people, because no one else in his family sounded like they had ever been within 20 miles of home.

Back on topic, I saw this show in the listings and would have watched it if I hadn't already gone through the "wtf that show looks stupid, oooo cool look at the stuff brought in, uggh scripted stupid crap + fake haggling I'm done with this show" phase with the original.

And the guy on the original laughs like
    logoCachorroMutley.gif

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    The pawn shop owner looks a lot like the owner of my local liquor store! I found that amusing.
    It's just like any other "reality" show- scripted. I do find some of them interesting though. I enjoy history and old stuff, so it is interesting to me to just see some of the items "brought in". And fact is, a lot of those people are willing to sell artifacts and family heirlooms.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Get rid of cable! Just say NO!

Really, seriously. Stop watching that crap. disconnect cable TV and get all your content streamed from the internet to your TV. It's easy, and this show is a classic example of why you should do so. If you get your content from the internet you can watch whatever you want whenever you want it. You don't have to be satisfied with whatever pablum the networks choose to offer.

Just run the video out from a computer to the video input of your TV. If you run Windows 7 on the computer you can sit back in an easy chair, and run it with a remote control.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    But then we would miss out on how amazingly bad some of this can be.
    Example...S&S Aqua logging...the first season everyone said how sorry they were, but I said its because they so bad that made them the best part of the show.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    HOLY COW!!!!!!!!! The outside looked almost like it was in a nice part of town. Did anyone else notice?

I'll drive twenty minutes out of my way to avoid Lee St. like the plague. Granted, they're right at the corner and it's not *too* bad but it darned sure didn't look like it was only a block from Thug Street. It really looked like it was on the main street of a nice sleepy antique row of some small town.

The rest of it, that Tammy chick tried way too hard to be another Stephanie when she disagreed with Dad's purchase. (Although I'd love to *see* Will haul a pooping goat into RJF, ballistics testing?)

And who the hell brings in a $500K unique collection just to pay a $20k payroll? WHATEVER! Either you're sinking and you're too dumb to notice because an honest business will have a revolving credit line at the bank or you're already bullshitting the viewers just to be on television.

I will watch it again to see Joker though. That guy was a hoot. :D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom