Anyone buy some .223 locally sometime recent?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    I am going to be buying 500-1000 rounds of .223/5.56 soon and will be looking for an affordable deal for practice ammo. I hear a lot of talk about monarch blue box so I wonder how much it is at academy/walmart (if walmart carries it). I have shot monarch out of my XD before and it hated it but people seem to have good luck with it out of their AR's. So, whats the price on this? Any recommendations on where to get it?

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mine shipped today...this was ordered 2 days pre-election...

AFAIK, Monarch is solely for Academy. Blue box(BB) was 5.49/20 last time I bought from them. Only bought a few boxes of the green stuff (brass) so don't remember how much it was, 8.49?. For the price & now wait time, the BB practice ammo from Academy is looking good if you want some now. Other than that, just order some from online.

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    I got blue box Monarch at Academy in Slidell last week for $5.29/20. I bought a case of Wolf from www.the-armory.com for $250 shipped 2 weeks ago and it arrived Friday. You really won't find it any cheaper then that, $5-6 a box local, $5 a box shipped(in bulk) for plinking ammo. This is all lacquered steel case ammo, not brass.

RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    I was told firearms are the only item not discounted. This is one option I was look at.

I spoke to the Manager in Slidell earlier and he said they get discounts on both. If they are on sale then they don't get to add the discount on top of it, they would pay the sale price. He also said that a couple of weeks ago(or 3) they had the blue box for $2.99. I missed that one.

Top Bottom