Anyone have a Glock 18?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I got to shoot one a few years back. My dad was Chief of Police for years in Alabama. He owns 250 acres up there and the Police Dept. built a firing range on his property so they would have a place to shoot and train. One time the police brought out a Glock 18 and we got to burn through a few magazines each.......Very fun. Most fun I have had with a Glock.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    there are no civilian transferrable G18's, so it would have to be law enforcement or class 3 dealer.

We burned one up at Sherbourne some time back that was issued to a St. Martin Parish SWAT Deputy, it was rediculously fun.

For those less fortunate, here are some of my videos from that day.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxSM85ryDTI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxtdwICWAV0[/ame]

Thats three 17rd mags downrange in about 6 seconds with reloads. Quite a few would have been on target at a reasonable distance

Last edited:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    When Sid Gautreaux was running, my dad (retired LEO) was a big supporter. If Sid got elected, my dad would come back only to be major of uniform patrol, which essentially promised to him by Sid. He said he also might be able to get Sid to issue him a G18. Unfortunately Sid screwed a bunch of his supporters over, including my dad, so no G18. :(

Topgun, was that 33 rds in the first video?

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have seen modified Glocks work similar to a G18 with multiple round bursts but they were IMMEDIATELY brought back to Glock specifications and they would fire properly after that.

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    those are so cool. sounds like they are few and far between. can you use a Class III weapon as a daily carry piece if you have the stamps?

Some in law enforcement have it as their daily carry. It can only be owned by law enforcement or a class III dealer. It is a fairly cheap weapon, I think about $550 from Glock last I heard.

In semi-auto it would be just like a ported Glock 17 if you used the short mags.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Some in law enforcement have it as their daily carry. It can only be owned by law enforcement or a class III dealer. It is a fairly cheap weapon, I think about $550 from Glock last I heard.

In semi-auto it would be just like a ported Glock 17 if you used the short mags.

Full-autos don't cost much more than their semi-auto counterparts to produce, but the rarity of them drives up the cost.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

For a while there was a guy selling them on Gunbroker for I think 1800. He had like 20 of them.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you had a transferrable G18, you could easily command $50,000.

A full auto weapon for self defense is begging for trouble. Every single bullet has at least three attorneys attached - the DA, their lawyer, and your lawyer. Some bullets are capable of taking dozens of lawyers along for the ride.

I'd suggest you use the sights and carefully direct every single individual shot.

I think it would be more of a SHTF pistol.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Methinks there's acouple (Like 1 or 2) Transferable Glock 18's out there.

I read an article one time which stated that some PD is Montana, North Dakota or some BFE had like 6 of them (Got JUST before the ban) Who knew what they had... but wouldn't release to the market due to liability reasons.

^ IIRC, but I'm floating on painkillers and Bushmills right now, so don't hold me to every detail...

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Methinks there's acouple (Like 1 or 2) Transferable Glock 18's out there.

I read an article one time which stated that some PD is Montana, North Dakota or some BFE had like 6 of them (Got JUST before the ban) Who knew what they had... but wouldn't release to the market due to liability reasons.

^ IIRC, but I'm floating on painkillers and Bushmills right now, so don't hold me to every detail...

They'd had to be manufactured and registered before the 1986 gun owners protection act. I'm not sure when the original 18's came out, but it would probably be possible.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    If you had a transferrable G18, you could easily command $50,000.

A full auto weapon for self defense is begging for trouble. Every single bullet has at least three attorneys attached - the DA, their lawyer, and your lawyer. Some bullets are capable of taking dozens of lawyers along for the ride.

I'd suggest you use the sights and carefully direct every single individual shot.

Truer words never printed imo.

There are dealers in Shtgun News listing them, to LEO or CL# Dealers only, for about $800 IIRC. What I would do with that in a duty situation I have no idea expect perhaps dignatary protection...maybe...perhaps some limited circumstance...or not :).

Front sight, press, pow...repeat as needed seems to work EVERYTIME.

Jes sayin is all.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I've shot my fair share of fully automatic weapons and that is not my experience. If I was facing a horde of opposing forces charging my hill, I might want full auto. Short of that, full auto is good for grins, giggles, and seeing how much money you can waste on the guns and ammo.

IF full auto were legal and unrestricted, I might - MIGHT - consider two shot burst option for a small bore or pistol caliber carbine, but even then I'd have to do a hell of a lot of work with it before I actually used it for self defense...

If you walk up and down a firing line of guys using three shot bursts, from what I have seen, you have two closely spaced shots and a third round that is inches from the other two.

The only full auto I would really want as full auto would be a .22 LR - for grins and giggles.

Your mileage may vary.

Ditto.

THAT is the reason, other than full out balls to the wall warfare, you don't see many packing full auto. Particularly in a handgun/pistol ammo combination.

Are there circumstances where it might be useful? Sure are. Are they common (other than the warfare above)? Nope.

Kind of like the instructions on shampoo. Front sight, press, pow...repeat as necessary. :)

Just my .02 and I too have blasted my fair share of full auto in my time. Nice to have, fun to impress the neighbors so to speak, FUN AS ALL GET OUT, but every bullet in a SD situation DOES have a lawyer attached as Pangris said.

I'll stick with semi thanks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom