Anyone have or heard of Prazen Optics??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I recently have seen some of Prazen Optics stuff. I managed to get my hands on the Ridgesite 4-12X40 rifle scope and I was pleasantly surprised especially when I compared it to all my other scopes Nikon Monarch, Vortex Crossfire, Bushnell and such. Now I know this isn't going to compare to a highend scope, but for us guys on a budget it sure has me impressed. I also got their 2000 yard rangefinder, this thing is quick reading out and has the OLED display. I love this thing. After emailing the company representative I did some googling and found out this company is very small right now but their quality seems very good for the pricing. just curious if anyone here has heard of them and or have any of their products.

Ridgesite scope I have.

Rangefinder

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Never heard of them. The website looks like boilerplate drivel. Couldn’t find where they are physically located. Not even one mention on YouTube.

I don’t trust them but your mileage may vary.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I’m pretty up to date on optic brands but I’ve never heard of them. For a new brand I look for some kind of feature that would set it apart - reticle, turrets etc.

It could be good but a Vortex Crossfire II is very similar and a known commodity

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have spoken to Ron Luther who is their contact guy on their site. They put a card in the packages of all their products with a copy of a hand written note with the email address so I contacted him. He's a great guy and told me about the company, they are in Kommiefornia but has South Korea do the manufacturing. Judging by the quality of their stuff I'm impressed. They are a small company and trying to get their name out there. I like their stuff and hope to be able to get more in the future.

When I compared the Prazen scope to my other scopes I thought I had good stuff till I saw this one. Both me and my son agreed on each and every aspect of a good scope, It was better than the other ones with one exception. I wish it had a Adjustable Objective, but the price of that scope was cheaper than my Vortex and Nikon.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well all these companies had to start somewhere. I'm just trying to help them get the name out and besides the products I've tried are well worth the money and high quality. The rangefinger I have of theirs is awesome, super fast readout and easily locked on to a radio tower to read 586 yards pretty easily. Just saying it may be worth a shot to try their stuff. I'm thrilled with mine.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I get the feeling that they are literally buying lower-end made overseas items and adding their logo to them or something akin to dropshipping.

I would speculate that you could find their products on Alibaba or a similar site with a little circular area where their logo can be attached.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Looking at their scope, I have never heard of a "Nous" Optical system. So I Googled a little and this is what I found:

That scope can be bought from Ali for pretty cheap just buying one. It wouldn't be hard to negotiate the price down another $50 bucks or so if you ordered them by the 100. You can then just slap your logo on it or have someone else do it.

On the scope you linked above, this is in the description on Amazon:
    "HD AR Fully Multi-Coated Lens’ combined with our advanced Nous' Optical System provides for crystal clear image quality, along with a long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box letting shooters rapidly engage targets with ultimate clarity."

That looks like it could be a copy/paste given the random apostrophe. When I Googled "Nous' ", the below quote is in the description of an Alibaba item:
    "Features. * Scratch-resistant Mat Black Surface * Advanced 'Nous' Optical System * Fully Multi Coated Lens * 1/2 MOA Turret with lock system & re..."

All in all, I'm more and more confident that they're basically dropshipping cheap items from overseas with their logo on it.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    You're right, everyone starts small. Vortex was small-seems like a really long time ago now.

A better example is Riton. They were small just a few years ago and have grown so much. They are imported scopes. Some have Japanese glass. I think they are successful because they are offering different lines with different features that people want.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would have to respectfully disagree with your assessment (AustinBR) , but I truly don't know more than they told me and from my limited research. But I was willing to give them a chance and was pleasantly surprised.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    1665698504323.png

Even their images are ripped from other websites...

---

They even stole this image from Pinterest:

You'd think that they'd use an image of their own optic on their site...

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I kept looking a bit, and they stole this image from Oakley's site:

This image was stolen from this website (also not using their own optics):

Lots of red flags here.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yeah the more you look the stranger it gets. Looks like Christopher and Ron Luther founded it 9 months ago. They are selling their products thru Amazon. I find it hard to believe that they would be buying cheap products and rebadging them with thier name. The scope and rangefinder I have are great quality. weird yes....

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Yeah the more you look the stranger it gets. Looks like Christopher and Ron Luther founded it 9 months ago. They are selling their products thru Amazon. I find it hard to believe that they would be buying cheap products and rebadging them with thier name. The scope and rangefinder I have are great quality. weird yes....
    Not saying they are or not but it's a lot more common then you might realize.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It's just very weird that they develop optics, yet many of the images on their website are stolen from other websites - including images of optics that are not made by them.

Nowadays it is very, very, very common for folks to buy lower-tier to mid-tier items in bulk from Asia, build a quick Shopify website, and then throw their own logo on it and sell the items for 2-3x the price. The companies that manufacture these items intentionally leave spaces blank on the items where you can nearly seamlessly have a logo added (or add it yourself).

I went to two different places in China, in person, and saw the operations behind a lot of these companies and you can find the full gambit of products across various levels of quality. A lot of the items you see are actually decent products. The problem is that the folks who make them totally ignore US Patent laws and have no problem literally stealing others' work and then selling it at 1/10th of the price.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It's just very weird that they develop optics, yet many of the images on their website are stolen from other websites - including images of optics that are not made by them.

Nowadays it is very, very, very common for folks to buy lower-tier to mid-tier items in bulk from Asia, build a quick Shopify website, and then throw their own logo on it and sell the items for 2-3x the price. The companies that manufacture these items intentionally leave spaces blank on the items where you can nearly seamlessly have a logo added (or add it yourself).

I went to two different places in China, in person, and saw the operations behind a lot of these companies and you can find the full gambit of products across various levels of quality. A lot of the items you see are actually decent products. The problem is that the folks who make them totally ignore US Patent laws and have no problem literally stealing others' work and then selling it at 1/10th of the price.
    I've never heard of that kind of stuff going on, but what do I know. I would never have guess about any of this type of commerce rebranding or whatever you call it. Well I guess it's a good thing I asked then.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom