Anyone have or heard of Prazen Optics??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've never heard of that kind of stuff going on, but what do I know. I would never have guess about any of this type of commerce rebranding or whatever you call it. Well I guess it's a good thing I asked then.
    It's possible that we're wrong, but I doubt it. If they were actually designing their own optics, they'd have a bit more information on their website on what sets them apart from the big companies. They also would have a hard time getting their prices that low, even with overseas manufacturing.

With that being said, a lot of overseas things like this work just fine. You get what you pay for. A $250 scope won't be as reliable as a comparable $1000 scope made by a reputable company....but for most people who are just plinking with their guns, that's just fine.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Primary Arms next door in Houston TX did that prob 4 or 5 years ago. Have their own line of optics, red dots, and mounts. Most have a lifetime warranty with PA. I own a few of them. Great products for the price. PA now has their own line of AR parts too, Expo Arms. Barrels, handguards, BCGs, and complete uppers.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you look at the specs of their Alpha Series (1-8x24) LPVO 30MM Riflescope, Second Focal Plane, Illuminated Reticle and compare it to the reticle information on the Red Win Zero Lock Turret 1/2MOA Adjust Rangfinding Reticle Wind Hold Quick Acquisition Kuiper HD 1.2-6x24IR AR15 Compact Scope found on aliexpress, it looks like prazen copied and pasted the description and corrected a couple of spelling issues. Other than the small corrections, it's word for word. So either the prazen is a rebranded red win or prazen can't even supply accurate descriptions of their products.

Edit: Upon further viewing, it looks like prazen uses that description for quite a few of their scopes. And unless I'm missing something, a number of the scopes don't use the reticle described in the description. That means their just putting in descriptions with big words to make their products sound better.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You gotta check out the 1.5-6x20 LPVO Riflescope, 1-Inch Tube, Second Focal Plane, Illuminated Reticle. According to the description, it's designed to fit on a concealed carry pistol.
    Screenshot 2022-10-14 123512.png

Seriously, these guys straight up stole the description for the Trijicon RMR and used that description for a lpvo? No offense to the op but I couldn't buy anything from a company who thinks so little of their customers to do that expecting to get away with it.

Prazen_1.5-6_Temp-07.jpg

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If you look at the specs of their Alpha Series (1-8x24) LPVO 30MM Riflescope, Second Focal Plane, Illuminated Reticle and compare it to the reticle information on the Red Win Zero Lock Turret 1/2MOA Adjust Rangfinding Reticle Wind Hold Quick Acquisition Kuiper HD 1.2-6x24IR AR15 Compact Scope found on aliexpress, it looks like prazen copied and pasted the description and corrected a couple of spelling issues. Other than the small corrections, it's word for word. So either the prazen is a rebranded red win or prazen can't even supply accurate descriptions of their products.

Edit: Upon further viewing, it looks like prazen uses that description for quite a few of their scopes. And unless I'm missing something, a number of the scopes don't use the reticle described in the description. That means their just putting in descriptions with big words to make their products sound better.
    That's the same conclusion I reached. My guess is that they ordered a few thousand dollars of products from AliExpress (or a seller who also puts their products on there) and had them shipped to the states with a logo on there that they paid someone $25 bucks to make.

I'd be interested if they actually will send a new scope or product if/when it breaks or if they won't stand behind the warranty on their website. I'd guess that they're making 4-5x profit on each scope and if it breaks they'll just mail someone a new one.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Optics (any other products) are commonly made in the same factory by the same people for different brands.

They can sometimes buy one, take it apart, and try to reverse engineer it, but it's usually not as good because there is a process and sometimes things like adhesives/sealants/coatings that overseas cannot replicate.

Many cheap scopes made in China will hold zero and be good for shooting 100 yards no problem. The biggest differences usually come in the quality of the glass and coatings. Also, how well the scope tracks and the quality of the turrets changes significantly with price.

Keckwerkes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2022
    Haughton Louisiana
    I recently have seen some of Prazen Optics stuff. I managed to get my hands on the Ridgesite 4-12X40 rifle scope and I was pleasantly surprised especially when I compared it to all my other scopes Nikon Monarch, Vortex Crossfire, Bushnell and such. Now I know this isn't going to compare to a highend scope, but for us guys on a budget it sure has me impressed. I also got their 2000 yard rangefinder, this thing is quick reading out and has the OLED display. I love this thing. After emailing the company representative I did some googling and found out this company is very small right now but their quality seems very good for the pricing. just curious if anyone here has heard of them and or have any of their products.

Ridgesite scope I have.

Rangefinder

I have several of the Alpha series LPVO 1-6 optics and love them. I replaced some high end expensive scopes with them and couldn’t be more pleased.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I have several of the Alpha series LPVO 1-6 optics and love them. I replaced some high end expensive scopes with them and couldn’t be more pleased.
    Everything I've gotten from them (scope, mounts and laser rangefinder) have been great, no issues whatsoever! They have a 3X Prism sight coming out I want to get my hands on too.

Top Bottom