Anyone into drag racing?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Nothing made for racing cars is 130 octane. I would hate to see the price as C-12 race fuel (108 octane) is $13.50 a gallon, most AV gas is only 103 octane

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    130? What the heck for? Other than the airport I don't know of anything that high.

Nothing made for racing cars is 130 octane. I would hate to see the price as C-12 race fuel (108 octane) is $13.50 a gallon, most AV gas is only 103 octane

I didn't really know how high it could be. I need some to fill carburetors in an outboard motor for long term storage. I would like to try a suggestion that I got from a master outboard engine tech who claims that over the counter fuel stabilizers suck.

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    I'd like to see what my Talon TSi does at the track but my build for it is more geared towards auto-x. Maybe I'll build a drag car one day I've found pretty good deals on AWD 1st Gen DSM's so once I'm out of school and financially stable that could be a plan.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I didn't really know how high it could be. I need some to fill carburetors in an outboard motor for long term storage. I would like to try a suggestion that I got from a master outboard engine tech who claims that over the counter fuel stabilizers suck.

Seafoam is specifically engineered for marine engines. Upper cylinder lubricant/fuel stabilizer. He doesn't like it, so where does he get 130 octane?

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    go to the airport and get AV gas.
    Its designed for long term storage .

Its all we run in the cars we build / service. 2-strokes and Rotary's love the stuff.

The Higher the Octane the "drier" the fuel gets.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    I have stored VP, C-12 for 6-8 months in 5 gallon cans in doors and had no issues with it what so ever. Looked like the day it was purchased. Harahan machine/ auto on Jefferson hwy sells it so do all the local race tracks. AV gas is very dry, we add 2 stroke oil to it or top lube to ensure cylinder walls don't wear.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Seafoam is specifically engineered for marine engines. Upper cylinder lubricant/fuel stabilizer. He doesn't like it, so where does he get 130 octane?

He said that up on the East coast, they kept boats in storage all winter and they started up and ran without a hitch with this high octane fuel; and it didn't gum up the works. That is what my goal is. I am tired of paying for carburetor work every year.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    all these drag race peoples. doesn't anyone have interests in actually using their steering wheels anymore? how about circuit racing/auto-x?

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    all these drag race peoples. doesn't anyone have interests in actually using their steering wheels anymore? how about circuit racing/auto-x?

I get much more enjoyment out of curves and using my vehicles handling. Straight line speed is only fun to a certain extent. What vehicle you have? Do you auto-x? Reason I ask is I'd like to give it a try sometime.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I get much more enjoyment out of curves and using my vehicles handling. Straight line speed is only fun to a certain extent. What vehicle you have? Do you auto-x? Reason I ask is I'd like to give it a try sometime.

1995 J-Spec Integra Type R ( Don't ask about importation/legal status ). Its been down for a few months now. Previous owner created a electrical disaster so I've got it torn apart from the firewall up right now to re-do everything. literally.

Engine: Stock
    Trans: Competition Clutch Stage 5 unsprung clutch, ACT Prolite Flywheel
    Suspension:
    Skunk2 Pro-S Coilovers
    Skunk2 Upper control arms with adjuster Camber sliders
    Skunk2 Rear lower control arms
    Energy Suspension Poly bushings throughout entire car
    Beaks Lower tie bar in rear
    15x7.5 wheels at a +20 Offset w/ 195/40/15 Falken ze512 tires

I cant touch a muscle car in a straight line, I'll lose everytime, but I'll give em hell in corners. She looks good in pics, I have a friend that loves photography so...... but LNSVince can tell ya, it needs alot of work still...

Last edited:

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Been out of town the last week without the computer. AbbyNormal and I used to do club drag racing out of New Orleans at Gulfport and State Capital. Started having kids and less money to play around with so got out of that--breaking stuff was expensive and after the dropped valve on a launch f'ed up a cylinder on a matching motor, I figured I better stop doing it with this car (Boss). It was then that I found out about its rarity. Before that time I just knew it was the quickest factory production Mustang small block up to that time (this was in the late 80s) and just cared about that....THEN the children came into the picture..Haven't done it since 1993 but still like to go them when I get the chance.
    Emperor, I gotta ask this question about what kind of fuel you are using--Ethanol boosted or conventional? Pretty sure your using conventional but just had to ask..Heard a lot of stuff about Startron (sp?) being better than the marine formula Stabil. I always put conventional in my OB motor..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom