Anyone into drag racing?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CharleyR1

Nitrous is fun
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Metairie, Louisiana
    I was just wondering how many of us on here are into drag racing. Hot Rod Drag week started yesterday live feed goes hot @ 8am-2pm all week. Killed my time at work yesterday :cool:

Last edited:

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    I am !:mamoru:

drag-queen-folsom-street.jpg

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana
    That's enough of that ****....:ghey:

I don't watch drag racing too much, but I take my car to the trace every once in a while.

CharleyR1

Nitrous is fun
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Metairie, Louisiana
    We'll I didnt realize that some of our members were attending another drag week this week. Althought the one I was referring to has 2500hp cars actually driving track to track and not trailered and maybe not as revealing as this other drag week everyone else seems to be attending.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    A few months ago I was channel surfing , got that deal where they tell you what the show is and you can see whats playing next etc..., anyway, being an old car person who has spent many a Sunday in the pits at Capitol Dragway, I see a show called Drag Racing...so I click on it......I'm going to tell you right now this person Ru Paul he don't got no car and it is no way , shape or form the kind of drag race I'm used to seeing.
    If you talking about cars with motors then yes I'm interested. The other kind...not so much.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    It's cool, the physics involved are insane, the money spent for just a few seconds is even crazier, but I can't watch it much on TV. I prefer my racing with turns. Left AND right turns, by the way, lest you mistake me for a NASCAR heathen. Even better if you only have 2 wheels.

CharleyR1

Nitrous is fun
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Metairie, Louisiana
    It's cool, the physics involved are insane, the money spent for just a few seconds is even crazier, but I can't watch it much on TV. I prefer my racing with turns. Left AND right turns, by the way, lest you mistake me for a NASCAR heathen. Even better if you only have 2 wheels.

I like all types. Hot rod drag week is something to watch though. 6 second cars 5 days over 1,000 miles. You have to DRIVE your car from track to track. Pretty cool seeing 200+mph pro mod cars driving down the interstate. For myself I rode race both my two wheelers at nola Motorsports.

Lokin4AReason

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    behind a desk ....
    i volunteer at a transmission shop at where his grand daughter ( at 15 ) drag races

speaking of that, i think that they have a race in shreveport .....??? i can be wrong

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Me and my youngest son do. Hes 23 now and has been track champion at No Problem Raceway, State Capitol raceway, Hub city Raceway and 4 time KOC champion. Still costs way more than you could ever win though !

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    My father-in-law does it, he's been pretty successful the past few years at SCR. No way I'd spend the money he does on a sub-8-second race, but it does look like fun.

Sent from my truck doing 85 down the interstate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom