Anyone on BS Own This Rifle?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Barrett's M82A1 is not even their most expensive.

Barrett M107A1 50 BMG $12,867.00

Accuracy International: AX ELR (.50CA) $13,776.00

Accuracy International: AXSR .300 Norma Mag $10,390.00

CheyTac® USA M200 Intervention® 408 Cheytac $11,388.00 (Standard Coatings)

Mcmillan Tac 50 $11,570.00

Drake Associates Stalker MK 15 S.L.A.M. .416 Barrett $11,360.00 – $11,659.00

B&T APR338 Rifle 338 Lapua $10,030.00

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I want the Serbu 50 cal BMG single shot action rifle. Much cheaper and lighter with a good brake on it. I've actually shot one @ Sherburne years ago, loved it. One day I will have me a 50 cal.

Yeah the Barrett is nice, but I ain't spending 8-10K for 1 weapon.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Can't think of anything I would use any .50 BMG rifle for. Bragging rights, maybe.
    Agreed. I toyed with the idea over some 20 years but never pulled the trigger (thankfully). Serbu created some very interesting 50 BMG rifles, even a low cost single shot, screwed breach design. He offers a semi auto rifle too of his own design. Mark Serbu has a good rep in the industry. 50 BMG rounds (mil surplus) used to sell for a $1 per round, but that is long gone. I mean what do you practically do with a rifle capable of 12,000 ft lbs of muzzle energy? And reach out over a mile with a skilled marksman. Maybe if you live in the flat lands, or Wyoming or Arizona. Instead I have an Alexander Arms 50 Beowulf AR-15 upper. My second one over the years. 1/5th the muzzle energy but still a .50 bore semi auto.

Serbu Firearms

We had a guy who is a machinist build a silencer for 50 BMG. 2" OD by 20" long if my memory serves me well today. On our former F1 forum. There was YT video of it, may be gone now. Quite effective. He machined it all of SS stock. And heat treated it as well.

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    2.2 miles is the new record from the canadians lol 10 sec flight time..
    plenty of 50 c and 416 and 375 cans out there.. just need to run in the west more.. they have longer shots available..

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Agreed. I toyed with the idea over some 20 years but never pulled the trigger (thankfully). Serbu created some very interesting 50 BMG rifles, even a low cost single shot, screwed breach design. He offers a semi auto rifle too of his own design. Mark Serbu has a good rep in the industry. 50 BMG rounds (mil surplus) used to sell for a $1 per round, but that is long gone. I mean what do you practically do with a rifle capable of 12,000 ft lbs of muzzle energy? And reach out over a mile with a skilled marksman. Maybe if you live in the flat lands, or Wyoming or Arizona. Instead I have an Alexander Arms 50 Beowulf AR-15 upper. My second one over the years. 1/5th the muzzle energy but still a .50 bore semi auto.

Serbu Firearms

We had a guy who is a machinist build a silencer for 50 BMG. 2" OD by 20" long if my memory serves me well today. On our former F1 forum. There was YT video of it, may be gone now. Quite effective. He machined it all of SS stock. And heat treated it as well.
    I have eyed those Serbu bolt action rifles for years but couldn't really afford it. I had a friend during this time who bought a few 50 BMGs when he was living in Montana, He had moved back to Ga when I lived there, but never got to go shoot those with him. I want one "just because I can" even if there's no practical reason or use.

Reactions: RT8

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I have eyed those Serbu bolt action rifles for years but couldn't really afford it. I had a friend during this time who bought a few 50 BMGs when he was living in Montana, He had moved back to Ga when I lived there, but never got to go shoot those with him. I want one "just because I can" even if there's no practical reason or use.
    And I hear you. Looking back I am glad I didn't spend my cash on a 50 BMG rifle. No regrets there, least living in Louisiana. Got enough toys in the safe to keep me amused, and defended.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'd own it for fun and out of principle, not really a current "need". One day it may become a need, who knows? I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.... :fawk:

Danny Ross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2022
    Bush, LA
    Back before the GCA '68, I had a Boys .55 Anti-tank rifle.
    19010054_2_lg.jpeg

It was a fun toy, but I gave it to a friend when the new law passed. I was going back into the Army and didn't want to deal with registering it during the amnesty period. I heard some of them were rebarreled to .50 BMG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom