Anyone selling land in the $500-1500/per acre range, from East Texas to Florida?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm looking for up to 5 acres to start doing some sustainable agriculture, permaculture and aquaculture, pretty much anywhere in the southern part of the south. I don't really care if the land is landlocked, accessible by dirt road, has utilities...etc, just don't want some toxic dump land.

If you have a bunch of land and would parcel a small block of it, once I get things going (within 5 years things should start producing & everything should be in full swing) it could be a benefit to you. I'll be attracting wildlife, killing any hogs, and should have a lot of fruit and vegetables to share...and fish, hopefully.

Just thought I'd check.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Good Luck!! When you start looking for a parcel under 40 acres the price per acre is getting outrageously expensive. You might find a cut-over 40 acre timber tract for $1500 per acre but I doubt it would be much good for growing vegtables. I like your idea though. I have been trying to get a buddy of mine with an agriculture degree to do a vegtable truck farm & market fresh vegtables to restaurants. I can get you the names and contact info for a couple of realtors who specialize in farmland if your interested, but I agree with your approach to find a current landowner for a joint partnership. Maybe you could structure a lease for 5 to 10 acres to get started. Again Good Luck and let me know how your project progresses. Be sure and build an underground shelter too.....

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Thank you, Glimmerman. I have a lot of knowledge on it and have considered being a consultant for sustainable agriculture but there is very little interest here in Louisiana and I don't dont have my own place to say "hey, look what I did, I can show you how to do it too!", unfortunately, so it's been a hard road. I also wasn't born into money or a farming life, like most large land owners here. Things will work out...keeping faith in that, and I'm not afraid to work my buttox off.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    About a year ago there was an outfit advertising 50 acre tracts around Folsom for 125k. Don't know if they still have any. There are occasional ads around Picayune in the 2000+ range for 20-30 acres.

Haven't seen anything lower. If you find something, and there is more than one tract, let me know. I have had similar interest, just not on a commercial basis.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Inbetween Amite and Indy there is a huge plot of land for sale... i forget who is selling it. I'll be sure and get the number if you are intrested. It is on hwy 1054 if i remember right.

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    thank you Blackbolts

Leonidas, I have no interest in commercial...about as commercial as i want to get is starting a summer camp, after several years, for families to learn survival & sustainable ag.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I was in Greece, France, Holland, Oregon, Arizona, and Texas...all were awesome! :)

If things don't come together for me here soon I'll probably be leaving the country again, farming (WWOOF) in southern France, the Philippians, or Chile most likely, and possibly teaching English on the side.

Unless I got a job at a Zoo here in the US, or a Horse Farm, I cant think of much to keep me here anymore.

I'm on an educational quest...been working my butt off since I was 9yrs old, learned a lot, it's time to learn more about what I'm passionate for.

I don't want to be a politician.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Understood. I am fascinated by off grid living. Wish I could spring for 110k. Know of 20 acres Poplarville area, 2 stocked ponds, well and septic in place, nice pole barn, fenced and crossfenced. The clincher, creek frontage and its dammed at the property. I'm thinking micro-hydro electric.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'd be glad to give anyone ideas to help them become more self-sustainable. I can usually see a property & visualize a lot of things...of course my learning process is ongoing, by no means know everything...but a decent general knowledge.

Sun + Water = Life

...grass = the devil. :D

WUENSCHE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    i HAVE 60 ACRES IN EAST TEXAS THAT I WANT TO SELL.I AM ASKING 115K FOR THE PROPERTY. IS THERE ANYONE INTERESTED?:hi5:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom