Anyone thought about a 300blk barrel with a shroud?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Tactical Solutions has a 10/22 barrel with a barrel shroud. Im surprised nobody has put out a 300 blk barrel with a shroud. It seems a 9.5 inch barrel with a 6 inch shroud would be a good host for something like a Sandman L. And you could use a stock instead of a brace.
    0fa10ba6d84a7525ef4b6ca4cc81829c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Companies do sell pinned and welded shrouds especially for 300. The point is that it's 16" with the can and not an SBR as opposed to 16" plus the can or less than 16" and a pistol. Not much but it makes a difference to some people.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What's the point if it's still going to be 16"?

So that you end up with a 16" OAL, the silencer is under the shroud, and you ultimately don't have to pay for a tax stamp.

The irony is, you're already paying for a tax stamp with the forbidden popsicle on your gun. Might as well two stamp it and have some utility with a stock and the ability to remove the silencer.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I'm not sure if this is what he has in mind but it has aroused my curiosity . If a 10.5 " barrel with a 6 "shroud pinned and welded over a suppressor compatible qd mount were available you could use it with a suppressor and put it on any lower you want . Also you could private sale it as long as you didn't leave the supressor on .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I think a pistol with a brace is a lot easier than a shroud... I would hate to see a suppressor stuck on a barrel with the only way to get it off is using a end cap wrench and just remove endcap and suppressor stuck on

Heat and gun powder deposits make some of the best locktite lol

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Guess it’s cheaper to just buy a brace and have a 8.5-10.5 inch barrel and not have to worry about having a suppressor on it just to shoot but still having the option to add a suppressor

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Guess it’s cheaper to just buy a brace and have a 8.5-10.5 inch barrel and not have to worry about having a suppressor on it just to shoot but still having the option to add a suppressor

This. Once braces hit the scene the need for things like this pretty much went out the window.

May be cool again in 50 days or so...beat the crowd and invest now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    This. Once braces hit the scene the need for things like this pretty much went out the window.

I've got a feeling the days are numbered on "pistol braces"...And we will be doing triple the NFA engravings...

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    So that you end up with a 16" OAL, the silencer is under the shroud

I see. I get it, but a brace or NFA would still be easier. I did the whole SBR with a full length over the suppressor rail and I took it off almost immediately. As somebody already said it was a bitch getting the QD suppressor off with nothing to grab on to. Plus it was heavy as hell.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Tactical Solutions made one for the AR in 300blk (TSAR 300) a while back but it was discontinued.
    Here's a writeup on it... https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/rifles/tactical-solutions-tsar-300-sbr/

BMS makes one... but you have to buy the complete upper.
    https://midstatefirearms.com/BMS-300Blk-Upper-105-welded-Suppressor-Shroud-Legal-16-bms30.htm

You could probably adapt/WELD/PIN this with long enough threads on your barrel... may need to add a few.
    https://www.dbtac.com/product/db-ta...k-ar-aluminum-6082-t6-anodized-black-color-2/

Or this one...
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/ncstar-ar-15-golf-ball-launcher?a=502765

This would be an interesting project also to adapt it for your needs.
    https://xproducts.com/x-fore-launcher-package/

I would also research WHY these products have disappeared from the market.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I see. I get it, but a brace or NFA would still be easier. I did the whole SBR with a full length over the suppressor rail and I took it off almost immediately. As somebody already said it was a bitch getting the QD suppressor off with nothing to grab on to. Plus it was heavy as hell.

I’m not a fan of covered silencers.

1. The rail space is almost useless.
    2. The rail gets hot.
    3. The silencer is difficult to remove.

It looks cool for Instagram, but that’s about it.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't think anyone should go "fully recessed" on a suppressor. I have a pistol with brace that has a 4" barrel with an 8" handguard and a 7.2" Suppressor. I get about 3.2" of suppressor that extends beyond the handguard.

Now it is 9mm... so no gas block or tube... but the suppressor is easy to grip and remove (direct thread) and it gets hot-ish on the handguard, however, the M-LOK handguard it is recessed into acts as more of a heat shield... I also thought about adapting the CZ Scorpion Barrel Cooler to fit the 4" barrel and dissipate the heat better. I could also wrap the suppressor in a suppressor wrap inside the handguard.

It doesn't get steaming hot... but I am also not just bleeding ammo in mass quantities to see how hot I can get it either. Not at today's prices!!! :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2022
    US

Ha

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom