Anyone using a 7mm-08?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chaosrages

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2007
    Trying to help a buddy develop a good grouping round for a HR Handirifle in 7mm-08. Gun has a 22 bbl and 1-9.5 twist. He has tried factory loads and they were wild to say the least. He tried to load 139gn but the groups were still a bit large at 100yds. I ran some of the calcs for this twist rate in this cal he needs to either shoot a length that coresponds to the 154 or 162gn round. With that combo he needs to be above 3100fps for maximum stabilization. I got him to move up to the 154 honrady ballistic tip and with the IMR4350 the velocity is right around 2800 fps. Bullet has reached minimal stabilization at this speed. He could actually go down to about 2500 and still stabilize but the energy is so low. From the primiers it looks like we are pressure limited. Groups with this combo are <2 at 100yds. My next step is RX22 but before we drop more money...anyone have any experience with this gun or round that says we are about as accurate as it is gonna get. The bbl is not even floated on this gun....
    Any help from the pro's would be appreciated.

lucky13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2007
    Lacombe, La.
    My 2 kids and I all shoot 7mm-08's, this year in the off season, I was able to work up a load that all three rifles ( Encore, Rem 700, and Browning A-Bolt)would group well, and was a good hunting load. What I came up with is Rem. brass, Fed. #210M primers, 41.0 grs. of IMR 4064, topped off with Barnes 140 gr. TSX bullets, all three guns shoot'em great, and it keeps things simple for me in the field.

crazycajun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2007
    crowley
    7mm-08

i bought a tikka t3 and a nikon scope yesterday and this morning i shot 12 rounds to sight it in i was using the federal fusion ammo and they hit the mark they shot better groups then all my other guns combined give um a try if that doesn't help have the gun looked at:)

Jordo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2007
    I just purchased my dad a Browning BLR pistol grip, in 7mm-08.. Took me a week to find one!!

Looking at the ballstics compared to a .308, it has a higher FPS (should result in straighter shots), but lacking 300-500 pounds on energy.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom