Anyone with older AAC suppressors? Update Service

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    If you are like me, you know 51t mounts were hard to find and expensive. Many also do not like them and would want an updated mounting without having to get rid of an old AAC can.

Good news is that now AAC is back and mounts are in production again. However, old AAC suppressors from the old company (Late 2021 and earlier) are not eligible for warranty repair or service.

I just recently learned that the new AAC offers a service to upgrade your old AAC suppressor with new, stronger internals and the universal mount in the back. They transfer the serial number plate, so there is no NFA process involved. I heard it cost $700 (ouch-almost the price of a new suppressor), but you get the upgraded internals, universal mount, and they will honor warranty/service if you upgrade.

I'm am going to call them to get some information and might try it for at least one. You could also do ECCO machine for cheaper, but that only changes the mount and no warranty. Anyone else? Thoughts?

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    I took the ECCO route. Same mount as my other suppressors now. (Thunderbeast) Also I really don’t see the need for a warranty. I just don’t see these “breaking” with my usage.
    If upgraded internals means light weight then maybe worth doing since the sdn6 sure is heavy! But $700 - no.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I got some updated information. They will service the older cans, just not warranty. You will have to pay.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    So what muzzle devices do the new ones use? I have a dozen or so rifles with 51t’s already
    The back comes with the universal industry standard 1.3xx" that many different mounts and adapters thread into. You would have plenty of choices. I'm in the same boat. 51t is easy but doesn't lock in that well. Also, the retainer mechanism wears out on the cans. Other people say the teeth wear out too, but I think that would take a really long time.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    The back comes with the universal industry standard 1.3xx" that many different mounts and adapters thread into. You would have plenty of choices. I'm in the same boat. 51t is easy but doesn't lock in that well. Also, the retainer mechanism wears out on the cans. Other people say the teeth wear out too, but I think that would take a really long time.
    I’ve always heard that holding down the lever while your screw it on/off prevents premature wear

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I’ve always heard that holding down the lever while your screw it on/off prevents premature wear
    Good to know. I always did taking off but not on. Will do now. This pic is an example

1375x24_Universal_02.jpg

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I am a fan of the 51T, but I like the newer internals for sure. I have a couple of the Mini4's that I really like. They are like 2014 production but still get looks at the range for how quiet they are for as short. I might send one back for this, interesting.

I have the first Mini4 they ever made, serial 00001, so that one is staying :)

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I am a fan of the 51T, but I like the newer internals for sure. I have a couple of the Mini4's that I really like. They are like 2014 production but still get looks at the range for how quiet they are for as short. I might send one back for this, interesting.

I have the first Mini4 they ever made, serial 00001, so that one is staying :)
    That's awesome. Mini4 way ahead of its time for sure.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    So I got some details about updating my M4-2000

Costs $700. Will basically turn it into a Ranger 5 in looks and stats. Will get lifetime warranty and oversized baffles to run 6mm. Takes 3-5 weeks. Will have universal mount in back to run whatever you want or stick with 51t and removable front cap. New baffles are machined not stamped like what it has now. Sound will not be much noticeable maybe 1-2Db, but there will be a significant decrease in back pressure.

Remember, you can buy a suppressor with universal mount that you like and still keep/use your 51t. They make an adapter that is 51t that mates up to universal threads.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I went the ECCO route after having a latch fail twice on the same can. Had two AAC cans upgraded to the Bravo threads and use other mounts. Best move for those cans. AAC did upgrade one can for free for my troubles. This was the old AAC.

I may have a bunch of 51T mounts for sale soon.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I went the ECCO route after having a latch fail twice on the same can. Had two AAC cans upgraded to the Bravo threads and use other mounts. Best move for those cans. AAC did upgrade one can for free for my troubles. This was the old AAC.

I may have a bunch of 51T mounts for sale soon.
    That's what I am afraid of is the latch failing eventually

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Well the second time it failed it was on an AR10 and the can went downrange. Needless to say the internals did not fair too well. That's the one AAC recored for free. The mounts were ok, just not meant for hard use in my opinion.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Both Ecco machine and bsdfabworx do fantastic custom work. Bsd can practically do anything custom on mounts/adapters from what I've seen on his social media. Very impressive.

Top Bottom