Approximately 1975 Winchester model 70

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    I have acquired a Winchester model 70 roughly made in 75 according to what I can find. Doesn’t look like any special model it is chambered in 300 win Mag. Anyone have any info on a rifle like this? I also got the Model 70 featherweight in 270 but that is now my go to rifle.

Beckys_man

Trying2Behave
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    NOLA
    I owned one of those in the late-1980's but did not keep it long. The 300 WM caliber is venerable and with good reasons, that's why it became popular among military snipers looking for greater effective ranges. But it certainly kicks like a magnum round, besides that ammo is going to be crazy expensive these days, unless you reload? Do your homework on current market values before you decide to sell it, and good luck.

Will Penny

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    The Winchester model 70 has been around since the 1930’s or so and has a solid reputation as a well made bolt-action rifle. Not sure what specific info you are looking for but you could always try contacting Winchester to see if they can tell you more based on the serial number. I know pre ‘64 guns have long been sought after, presumably due to some mechanical detail related to feeding or extracting rounds. I inherited a model 70 featherweight in 280 Remington and it is a fabulous rifle! Best of luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom