AR ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    AR's will surely be on the list when Nobama gets to it. :mad::mad::mad:

What do you think will happen?

Will they try to come after our guns?
    Will there be a pre-post ban law?
    Will they shut us down altogether?
    Will they just make use smaller capacity mags?

Just wondering and trying to plan for the future.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    You can either fret about what might happen and hope for the best, or you can assume the worst and prepare accordingly. HR1022 has been in the works for awhile now, and everytime I post it I hear someone say they wouldnt dare, blah, blah, blah. Well guess what, they will dare. They have the ways, the means, and the motives.

Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    Ummm this whining and **** doesnt work.

Your supposed to Call your representatives.

Remember that bailout that failed... we could make that look like a , well a.... something small?

Call em,let them know that you dont want it passed, and get your entire family to write letters to them to. :D

Lets givem hell.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    AR's will surely be on the list when Nobama gets to it. :mad::mad::mad:

What do you think will happen?

Will they try to come after our guns?
    No.

Will there be a pre-post ban law?
    Yup.

Will they shut us down altogether?
    Nope.

Will they just make use smaller capacity mags?
    Yup.

Just wondering and trying to plan for the future.

There will be another AWB I bet (one of the things I hate about his admin) but I think there will be too much pressure and there will be a sunset clause. Next GOP admin will get rid of it or let it sunset. Now, this is my opinion and just like everyone else-it will be an opinion until we actually see law on it trying to get passed.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There will be another AWB I bet (one of the things I hate about his admin) but I think there will be too much pressure and there will be a sunset clause. Next GOP admin will get rid of it or let it sunset. Now, this is my opinion and just like everyone else-it will be an opinion until we actually see law on it trying to get passed.

You're not on ignore Penguin...yet! ;):p

It will not happen right now, but an AWB will happen within the next 4 years. The Pres elect will face the major issues right now, attempt to clean up the economy and then start on the lesser issues. He will put some choice Supreme Court Justices in office and then he will propose "the law" which will NOT have a sundown clause I am afraid. If this proposed law passes (which it will because Legislative, Executive & Judiciary will be theirs; maybe a little pressure but not enough) it will be a LONG time before it is (if ever) destroyed. Just look at all the major laws they are still fighting to reverse...both sides.

Guess it is time to start working on that phazer rifle which bypasses the stipulations of "the law."
    Overkill.gif

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008

Ok Penguin, youve stated your support of the man, now dont start being a weenie and try to blame his "administration" for any civilian disarmament schemes that he is for 100%. You wanted him, and are willing to sacrifice your 2A rights for a higher purpose. I respect your arguments defending your political point of view, but I find it disingenuous to insinuate that somehow his administration is what will do the dirty work that is coming. Its a package deal that millions of short sighted people signed us up for.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Ummm this whining and **** doesnt work.

Your supposed to Call your representatives.

Remember that bailout that failed... we could make that look like a , well a.... something small?

Call em,let them know that you dont want it passed, and get your entire family to write letters to them to. :D

Lets givem hell.

You mean the one the DID finally pass and had 40% more people against it than an AWB does?

Top Bottom