AR Lower build if a ban passes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grasshopper

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    New Orleans
    IF a weapons ban passes, for people who allready own stripped ar lowers, will we still be able to purchase parts (stocks, pistol grip, uppers, etc) to complete our rifle during a ban? Thanks

louis488

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    New Orleans
    If I remember correctly. With the 94 ban they had to be complete rifles before the ban or you could build it to post band specs. Example no flash hider, no bayo lug, fixed stock. You still could buy parts and evil uppers.

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    I would imagine so. The ban would be on the rifle or what would be the serialized part--the lower receiver. No one will be able to manufacture the lowers anymore. I don't see why they would stop making other parts if the demand is there. In states that already have a ban, if you had a rifle that is Pre-ban, I believe it could have all the nasty,evil, military-like, children-eating attachments like collapsible stocks, flash hiders, and bayonet lugs.

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    the pictures i have seen from the shot shot is gonna have a work around, you will not be able to piece your lower as you can today, what is gonna happen the stock grip and lower will all be molded into one piece then the upper will just attach to the complete lower

grasshopper

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    New Orleans
    Thanks for all the responses. I will try and stock up on the evil accessories just in case. My opinion is that with the great technology we have today, like the internet, that even during a ban, we could still prolly find a few online companies to order the evil parts through and ship directly to our home

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You won't be able to buy lowers. Everything else will be available. Lower parts kits will just be "maintenance parts". They won't tell people to stop selling grips, stocks and triggers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom