AR- Optics

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Alright fellows I need more help if yall have time. I picked up my sons AR last night. Its gonna work out good. He can reach and pull trigger easily and support the gun on the rest alot easier than his single shot. Where I need help is the optics. We are going to do alot of practice with the irons but I also want to put him some type of optics. I was going to go with a standard scope but he wont be shooting over 50 yards so i was thinking some kind of red dot or HOLO. Ive never used either of these so if yall ccould give me some good/bad about both as it pertains to practice and hunting. He will be shooting from sitting position with a rest on box stand. Hunting hogs at about 30-50 yards. He doesnt have trouble with the scope but I dont think he needs it to shoot 50 yards.
    Thanks Again for the help.
    Wade

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I have the Trijicon Tripower w/ LaRue M68 Cantilever Mount.

Beware of Fakepoints

Eotechs can be found used on Arfcom for under 300

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I have an Aimpoint Comp M2 on the standard mount with a riser; a Mini 1.5x ACOG on a Larue mount; and an EOTech (N battery Night Vision one) on the standard mount as well and I think that any one of those would meet your needs just fine! It is all a matter of which one you prefer when it comes down to the dots, but I will say that my N Battery EOTech has crappy battery life and the ACOG has the best since it doesn't take batteries (haha).

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    trijicon acog 5.5 x 50. first and only scope i will need for all around use.

botach has them the cheapest, especially with their fathers day sale going on.

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    We got to play with some Eotech's today while getting his 5 round mag and I like the fact that you can see it from all angles and you dont have to mess with eye relief. The circle sure is big though. Of course I was in the store. It helped when I turned the intensity down to see the target.

Top Bottom