AR pistol shoots like a dream... but is it just a toy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    http://www.extarguns.com/

This little gun looks like a super gimmick but I'll tell you after shooting one yesterday that I feel like I've got to have 3 or 4. It might be the most fun I've EVER had shooting, and I've fired my share of guns.

the accuracy is stellar, the fireball coming out after every pull of the trigger makes the whole range stop and stare, its 30 rounds of rifle ammo, fits in my gym bag, and costs 450.00. Also- less recoil than my 9mm, no lie. May get my vote for best budget-prepper gun of all time.

My -ONLY- concern is the range, but I have little doubt that it'd take medium size game inside 100 yards with ease. Maybe those of you more familiar with ballistics etc could tell me if thats realistic or not? Could it drop a deer at 50-75 yards?

I look at it and its like a 4x4 corvette with a trailer hitch- they tried to be the best of everything here... and damn fellas i'm not entirely certain that they were unsuccessful.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Buddy of mine bought one recently and I watched him and his nephew shoot it, as well as a video ad. Wondering how they tamed that sucker the way they did. Can't be all muzzle comp holding it down. But if it is, I know what's about to go on the end of my AR barrels.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I agree!! I hate to give the muzzle break that much credit but its like super-tubro-charged compared to any other i've ever used.

Again, I can't explain it... but damn its incredible.

and I think I'm going to buy a handful of these, I could see this platform being on the next liberal agenda.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I called Ferrara Firearms last week hoping they had some in stock. Glad to see this thread. I want one more now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    im about to order straight from the website, but im calling a few local ffl's because the one i usually use wants 50.00. told him to stick it up his butt.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    you laugh (and i did too...)

called 3 others, cheapest so far is 35.00

any FFL's in acadiana willing to do a decent transfer to earn my business and word of mouth referrals? I'm a frequent shopper!

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    you laugh (and i did too...)

called 3 others, cheapest so far is 35.00

any FFL's in acadiana willing to do a decent transfer to earn my business and word of mouth referrals? I'm a frequent shopper!

Double Action in Eunice treated me right the two times I went, and are $35. Will def go through them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swampman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    south La.
    This kind of firearm is a novelty at best. Interesting nonetheless. It would look better with the traditional AR iron sights.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If it's what you really want, get it! All of us have something in common: We only go around once! DO IT!

Yeah, I know. I'm not exactly good at discouraging when it comes someone to buying firearms. But I mean well. :)

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If it's what you really want, get it! All of us have something in common: We only go around once! DO IT!

Yeah, I know. I'm not exactly good at discouraging when it comes someone to buying firearms. But I mean well. :)

lol. im just trying to justify it at this point as something I can take to mercilessly erm, i mean humanely dispatch hogs off my land... I don't see why not? :dunno:

Already ordered one, will post a video from first range trip when it comes in.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    lol. im just trying to justify it at this point as something I can take to mercilessly erm, i mean humanely dispatch hogs off my land... I don't see why not? :dunno:

Already ordered one, will post a video from first range trip when it comes in.

Awesome! :cheers:

Yes- that would add another level of fun to dealing with the Demonpigs. :thumbsup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom