AR QUESTION

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Daniel504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2022
    Texas
    is this true heard from someone on here that if I go buy a Ar 15 from the store that I could switch the upper and put a micro upper on it but it just has to have a certain stock on it to be legal ?

Last edited:

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    is this true heard from someone on here that if I go buy a Ar 15 from the store that I could switch the upper and put a micro upper on it but it just has to have a certain stock on it to be legal ?
    Don't listen to these naysayers. That actually may be true as long as the "certain stock" has your tax stamp in it. Like one of those cool hollow stocks (like a Rambo knifes). Just take out your matches, fishing line and hook, put the tax stamp in and you are good to go.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    You can not, legally, make a rifle into a pistol in this instance. You can make a pistol into a rifle.

With few exceptions, once a firearm is a rifle, it can not become a pistol.

If your firearm started life as a 'receiver / frame' and it was never documented by any previous owners that it was a rifle, (no photographs etc.), then I don't know how the BATFE would know it was ever a rifle, aside from you posting on the internet your intent.

If it is a pistol AR you wish to own, I suggest you begin with a virgin receiver, (Lower), that has NEVER had a stock affixed to it.

If you can attach a pistol brace to that pistol is an entirely different can of worms.
    I suggest you avoid it so you don't run afoul of the law.
    Simply have a pistol buffer tube on the Lower.

I try to avoid such things, even though I don't own a dog, as I have an allergy to prison rape.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    If I remember correctly the "AR" came from the orginal military (M-16)(battle rifle) rifle which stood for "Armalite" for the civilian version that was associated with the company that was building and designing them.. Did not have the selector fire switch(semi auto fire or full auto)... If I remember correctly......... The first time I saw one (M-16) (August 1968) I thought it was a toy that the "Matel" toy company had made.... They have made many changes to the orginal design over the years and anything that looks like and or funtions like it the unwashed people call them "ARs".............................................. drill sgt.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    What is a micro upper? But i think you can switch a upper and make it a pistol but you cant go the other way. Dont forget to use a pistol buffer.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    ar clarity by atf.jpg

Daniel504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2022
    Texas
    FED, Five-O or Illegal Migrant

The use of the word "Assault" and "someone on here" is the obvious giveaway.

You can get the information he is asking just doing a search.
    I’m hearing 2 sides google says I can’t and people tell me I can so I’m trynna get a confirmation from here

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Doesn't help when people go to some of the manufacturer's website and the ar15 is advertised as military assault rifle. Forgot which companies it was but they literally had "assault rifle" in the description.
    For years I have taken note of firearm/ammunition-related terms incorrectly applied countless times, even by manufacturers of said, that are obviously driving much of the population to learn slang instead of correct terms.

"Assault rifle": Assault is an action, not a tool. An AR is not an assault weapon. They're a style of semi-automatic rifle that take magazines to load CARTRIDGES into.

"Caliber": There is a widespread misuse of this term in many Gun People. A cartridge IS NOT a caliber. Caliber is ONLY bullet diameter, and a firearm bore's GROOVE diameter.

*a .30-06 is not a caliber. It's a .30-caliber rifle cartridge.
    *a .300 Winchester Magnum is not a caliber. It's a .30-caliber rifle cartridge.
    *a .308 Winchester is not a caliber. It's a .30-caliber rifle cartridge.

NOBODY on this forum owns a pistol chambered in 9mm Luger "caliber". EVERY person on this forum who owns a pistol chambered in 9mm Luger (or 9x19) owns a pistol chambered in/for the 9mm Luger cartridge, which is a 9mm/.355-caliber cartridge.

Just as incorrect slang terms are applied to fishing rods:
    There is no such thing as a medium-action rod or medium-heavy-action rod. Medium, medium-heavy (etc.) are powers, not actions.
    Moderate, moderate-fast, fast, extra-fast, are all actions.

I won't use the delusional left's pronouns just the same as I won't apply these various incorrect terms for other things.
    It's up to those of us who know better to open our mouths when the opportunity presents itself, to educate others when we can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom