Are AK's out of fashion or now just complete Ghetto Queens.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun90yj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    Vinton
    Hey, guys. I am more of a lurker here but been building for several years. Collecting parts for longer. IMO the AK market has a lot to offer these days but the price is higher than ever before. There are really only a few imports these days so if you want something different a kit is where you will find that. I have bought my tools over several years so it hasn't hut my pocket book all at once. There is quite a bit more to building an ak compared to snapping together an AR.But the satisfaction upon completion is not comparable. As others said, the are multiple options for receivers and barrels. I remember when all you could find were Vulcan receivers and USA barrels were non existant, Tools too!! Also the Ak's have so much history and character, compared to AR's. I use to think all needed to be perfect fit/ finish. Now I seem to not mind the flaws in a kit. I also think the value will only strengthen as time goes on with less and less importation. Anyhow here are a few I recently completed.

Attachments

• 20220206_145141.jpg
      20220206_145141.jpg
      467.9 KB · Views: 130

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I am still doing a little building, but my days are numbered.
    I still have a bunch of kits, but my second child (and second daughter) was born ten years ago, so building kind of lost its charm - no one to pass it on to. Man, though do I have ammo!

I miss the build parties back in 2007. Still have instructions for build steps written on the wall of my shop.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I still have a bunch of kits, but my second child (and second daughter) was born ten years ago, so building kind of lost its charm - no one to pass it on to. Man, though do I have ammo!

I miss the build parties back in 2007. Still have instructions for build steps written on the wall of my shop.

Dude, I have not heard from you for years. I'm glad to see your still around. I have wondered many times what happened to you and so happy to see your doing well.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Had two daughters.

I'm on team girl now. Volleyball, ballet, piano recitals, art lessons, library trips, acrobatics. That and stuff got really ugly for a while there all over the gun boards, and I decided to take a powder. People were all angry and stressed out over what I felt was silly stuff.

I have a Yugoslavian underfolder build that was going to be my masterpiece. It's really beautiful, and everything is just perfect. I was on the final rivet, and it didn't come out well. I set it on my workbench when the phone rang. It was my wife calling to say she'd gone into labor with my second daughter. The build is still sitting right where I left it ten years ago. I ran across it while building a set of floor-to ceiling dresser/hutch combinations for - my girls - and I realized that it would be fun to finish it up. So here I am wondering about the state of the building field. It appears to have dried up a bit.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    It sounds like your days are full and there was a little petty stuff going on then. There is still some building going on but the prices of kits has become outrageous. I remember you have a nice rack of mosins too. They have disappeared from the surplus market too.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom