Armed ATF Agents Going Door To Door To Seize Your Legally Obtained Items

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Dieselhorses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Been a while since I looked into this, but I remember reading about a legal concept the ATF uses that I believe is called "constructive intent." Basically, if you possess the parts needed to construct an SBR or other regulated item, and you do not have the stamp to legally possess that item, (and I think if you have no other way to use those items except to create a regulated item), they can assume you intended to construct that item at some point in the future, therefore you are in violation of the NFA.

So if you have a 10.5" upper, no pistol lower, no stamp, and other AR rifles, you can only create an SBR with what you have in your possession.

I didn't watch the video, but based on comments, the person had the parts to create a suppressor (solvent kit maybe?) and the tools needed to drill it out and create the actual suppressor. I am guessing they acted on "constructive intent."

Not saying this is right or wrong, but I first read about this a long time ago (pre-Internet days). If this is what happened, it's not new.
    No "pistol lower"? What's a pistol lower? Ah, same as a rifle lower! Only difference is, is the pistol brace. And if that's all ATF was worried about (S_B R's), we'd all have an easy day! There are SO many other dangerous things we can make besides the "evil" pistol.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’m really working your nerves huh Motor. Guess what bro, these things happen. I’m sorry if it hurts your feelings for people to say anything negative about any LEO’s or DA’s. I guess you haven’t developed that tough skin that would keep you from being so defensive and taking every negative comment personally. I’ll just have to start including an apology to you every time I say anything derogatory about our legal system or law enforcement.
    Sorry bro.

I’m thinking it’s the other way around but whatever makes you happy. Don’t be mad at me for calling you out on your post. You are the king of taking a small sample size and making it a national emergency. There are plenty of stories of medical professionals killing people but I’m not scared to go to the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I’m thinking it’s the other way around but whatever makes you happy. Don’t be mad at me for calling you out on your post. You are the king of taking a small sample size and making it a national emergency. There are plenty of stories of medical professionals killing people but I’m not scared to go to the hospital.

I am. Well, I wouldn't say I'm scared of going to the hospital but I don't trust them in general. Not after all this c*vid ****. That goes for any entity that has power over my fate. I'd rather keep that power in my own hands because I know for a fact that nobody is going give a **** about me at the end of the day, just me.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I am. Well, I wouldn't say I'm scared of going to the hospital but I don't trust them in general. Not after all this c*vid ****. That goes for any entity that has power over my fate. I'd rather keep that power in my own hands because I know for a fact that nobody is going give a **** about me at the end of the day, just me.
    That said, I bet magdump doesn't get offended by that statement and become defensive because he probably knows that he has no control over every other medical professional and probably also knows that corruption also exists in the medical field.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    That said, I bet magdump doesn't get offended by that statement and become defensive because he probably knows that he has no control over every other medical professional and probably also knows that corruption also exists in the medical field.

giphy.gif

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's why i won't own an AR.. Not worth the trouble. I'm just as good with non ar rifles and I don't need a military grade weapon to protect myself and my family.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Being former military, I can say you are highly unlikely to come across a military grade ar in the civilian ar market.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Hasty-Generalization-1.jpg

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Being former military, I can say you are highly unlikely to come across a military grade ar in the civilian ar market.
    Considering a “military grade ar” isn’t a thing I’d say your correct. You can however buy an m16 or m4 with enough money and patience handling all of the paperwork.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Considering a “military grade ar” isn’t a thing I’d say your correct. You can however buy an m16 or m4 with enough money and patience handling all of the paperwork.
    Yes. Those uncommon occurrences are the reason I used "are highly unlikely to" instead of "can't". However rare, they do exist. So if I didn't account for that extremely small subset of ar's, someone was sure to "correct" me.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    A stripped receiver is listed on the FM4473 as a receiver/frame. Not 'Other', as stated in this thread. 'Other', generally refers to an NFA classification of 'Any Other Weapon'.

If you configure your receiver as a pistol, you can legally re-configure it as a rifle, and back again.
    If you initially configure your receiver as a rifle, it must always remain a rifle, so be sure not to rat yourself out. (How else would anybody know, except the NSA. They see everything)

The majority of my AR-15s are far superior to Mil-Spec. Having humped one myself, and built a Bailey or two. I'm not Lost in the Woods anymore. Essayons.

Some facts from our President's speech the other day:

"The bullet leaves an AR15 five times faster than any other gun"

"The bullet from an AR15 will tear a body to pieces"

Since Biden said it, it must be fact.

Those are reason enough for me to own an armor's rack full of the devilish things.

I think I'll go out and make some more freedom seeds for those wicked AR's.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    emoji23.png
    emoji23.png

If by “calling me out” you mean trolling, I’m so use to that it’s just another thing. I’m just trying to understand why you feel the need.
    emoji23.png
    emoji23.png

I think you just exaggerate about my posts. My post is my opinion. If I ever come here and scream the sky is falling, I’ll take your $hit. I’m glad you’re not afraid of hospitals. After all, everybody eventually comes to see me. Don’t doubt it. And as always, I won’t get up on my horse and cry about you dissing a doctor or nurses. In other words, I’m comfortable in my career and secure in the execution of my duties and I don’t take generic remarks to heart.
    But I gotta call you out for trolling, so get thee behind me troll.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Are you saying the military version, other then 3 round burst, shares nothing with the ar15 ?

Id say many of the ar15s out there are built better then the military versions.

Super6Delta1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2022
    Alexandria, La
    The guy in video was doing ok until he let their tricks shake him up. That happened about the time one of them told him to take his hands out of his pockets. That agent decided to give orders when he was a visitor. He wanted to show force and shake things up. This is when you end the contact. He should have asked them to leave and closed the door at that point. But before that, he should have asked them to leave as soon as they admitted they had no warrant. If they would not leave or allow him to close the door, he should have called 911 and reported them because at that point they are indeed breaking the law.
    The entire reason these agents are proceeding as they are is because they are stepping in where they don’t truly have a continuous state of authority. They are relying on the person they visit to bridge the gap. This is why you should never talk to anyone who appears on your doorstep when it a consensual encounter. Like Motor said, it’s legal for a cop to knock on your door. The rest is up to the citizen.
    There is zero legal obligation to even answer the door. If you do answer and ask for a warrant then you can ask them to leave and if they don’t then they’re trespassing. On another note, these agents are not cops and they are operating outside the law in effect. There are no laws that truly cover them as far as their objective at this point. They are playing Congress. They are proceeding in a manner that is not supported by the law or courts and nobody has put them in check. When you actually look at how they are proceeding it’s obvious that they are boldly tiptoeing through these encounters to see what they can accomplish. I feel that they are looking to do more than just intimidate people into choking and giving up rights. I think they may be attempting to create some case law or a few tragic events that they can later spin into reasons, etc. in other words, stir the $hit.
    Probably nobody here is worried about a solvent trap. Maybe nobody here has a FRT trigger. So the video likely hasn’t stirred anyone here very much. Does anyone here believe the ATF could or would not suddenly, overnight, decide pistol braces are illegal? Or that any AR with a barrel shorter than 16” is now illegal because they believe you are definitely making a SBR if you have one? What then?
    I read someone’s post here saying don’t be stupid and break the law. That statement is kinda stupid regarding this thread. If someone bought a FRT trigger or a solvent trap when they were considered legal by the ATF, they didn’t break the law or any bogus or pretend or interpreted law. Just because the ATF showed up on that person’s doorstep doesn’t mean that person broke any law.
    Ha! I enjoyed that man's statement: something about 'don't be stupid and break the law.......' my question is: who decides that that something is suddenly a law.....and therefore you are now breaking it??

I had similar recent incident......(well maybe recent isn't the word......a year or so..)........but one afternoon......(while I was field stripping one of my weapons no less......).....I hear an excited knocking on my front door. (My son is at school and my wife is upstairs.....I was off work for a few days). I go to front foyer and look out big picture window to the tune of 5 law enforcement looking people......all wired for sound and fingering their sidearms. Not knowing why they could possibly be there.....or whether these people were actual LEO's and not some home invasion posse........I wrote my cell number on a legal pad and stuck in on the window.....and waited. After a few bellows from the head guy...and my continued refusal to open the door....( I never left their sight).....told my wife to wait in the upstairs bathroom with her cell....should we need to call 911. They eventually called me.....gave me all this hub-bub about someone calling in about 'shots fired'.....(....and I thought....'shots fired???? did the caller have an exact address?????....most shots are kinda random as far as their origin!)..... so I asked to see their warrant........no warrant.......I asked who they might be looking for? man....woman, black, white, short.....etc. not a shred of specific info. finally.....after 15 mins of tense negotiations......someone gets a call and says they are at the wrong location.....blah blah blah. They never even apologized or acknowledged me as they egressed off my property. THAT could have turned out alot differently! Like the man said: you are not obligated to answer/open your door. There are plenty of ways to legally and safely communicate to whomever is on your property.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    LMAO!
    That’s awesome.

I’ve never heard of a AR being used in combat by any military..
    is that a thing?
    Armalite introduced it as the ar15 to the military. The Air Force requested it and called it the M16.... Anything the military gets they give it a military "product code".
    At that point there were zero differences between them.

Top Bottom