Armed Robbery Suspect Killed by Armed Customer.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    Piney Woods, LA
    The Houston Chronicle reports the guy fired 11 shots into the suspect. Problem is the customer fired the last
    three rounds into the suspects backside., mainly his head as he appeared to be headed towards the door. That is going to be
    problematic at best for a grand jury.

Here is a similar incident that occurred on the same day or thereabouts in Monroe,LA that deserves some attention:

CaptWSims

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Mandeville, LA

The hero customer who shot and killed an armed robber at a Houston taco joint last week has been ordered to face a grand jury by District Attorney Kim Ogg, the Soros-funded prosecutor who appears to have let the career criminal he put down out on bond
    I used to live in Texas. It is State Law that when you kill someone in self defense the case goes to a Grand Jury, which nearly all the time clears one of any charges.

hunt4570

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    That happened right down the street from where my daughter and SIL live.
    Yeah, give him a medal!

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    The Houston Chronicle reports the guy fired 11 shots into the suspect. Problem is the customer fired the last
    three rounds into the suspects backside., mainly his head as he appeared to be headed towards the door. That is going to be
    problematic at best for a grand jury.

Here is a similar incident that occurred on the same day or thereabouts in Monroe,LA that deserves some attention:

Appeared to be headed to the door but that's not a fact. The criminal paced back forth around that room grabbing money from people. So it's not 100% he was walking out.. He could have been walking over the person that was on the other side.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    Piney Woods, LA
    True dat the suspect in Houston may have been coming back for more loot from customers is very much in the shooters favor. I doubt the DA can prove otherwise.

Especially since TX law permits the defense of property with deadly force.

PREVENTING DANGEROUS CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR​

Deadly force may be used to defend your land or tangible, movable property when you reasonably believe that immediate force is necessary to prevent another person from committing one of the following crimes:

• Arson
    • Burglary
    • Aggravated robbery
    • Theft at night, or
    • Criminal mischief at night.

Sure could use a dose of that law in Louisiana.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    True dat the suspect in Houston may have been coming back for more loot from customers is very much in the shooters favor. I doubt the DA can prove otherwise.

Especially since TX law permits the defense of property with deadly force.

PREVENTING DANGEROUS CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR​

Deadly force may be used to defend your land or tangible, movable property when you reasonably believe that immediate force is necessary to prevent another person from committing one of the following crimes:

• Arson
    • Burglary
    • Aggravated robbery
    • Theft at night, or
    • Criminal mischief at night.

Sure could use a dose of that law in Louisiana.
    Or deciding at the last minute to eliminate witnesses.

ruffrideralec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Lafayette
    Question him? They should give him a medal.
    Shot him un the back while he posed no threat to him or anyone else. He was leaving. And then while he was down laying face down on the floor he shot him again, multiple times, in the back! If you don't know NOT to shoot someone who is already down in the back then you really shouldn't be carrying!

ruffrideralec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Lafayette
    I think he was good with the first 4 shots. Shots 5 through 8 might be questionable as he seemed to already be neutralized. Shot number 9, after he had already picked up the robber's gun, might be a big problem for him. That said, the robber effed around and found out and he won't offend again.
    Shot 4 thru 8 are questionable since he was already un-armed and down on his stomach! He shot him in the back while he was down.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Shot him un the back while he posed no threat to him or anyone else. He was leaving. And then while he was down laying face down on the floor he shot him again, multiple times, in the back! If you don't know NOT to shoot someone who is already down in the back then you really shouldn't be carrying!
    The guy shot the criminal in the back to protect the people at whom the criminal was pointing a gun. You won't get a lot of rationable people saying that should not be allowed. And while he appeared to be walking toward the door, I'm not sure what part of the video shows he was leaving. Perhaps he was actually moving to the customer in that area to rob them.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 2.12.41 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 2.13.05 AM.png

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    you must be a sensitive liberal. This guy walks in waving a pistol and threatening to shoot the patrons. Robbing them of their hard earned money. Who knows if he was high on something? Who knows if he decides to turn and shoot someone on the way out?

So yes I'd give the good guy with a concealed handgun a medal for terminating the threat immediately. Instead of being a passive lamb for the taking, he stands up to an armed assailant and kills him. Bravo! All day long. Saved the taxpayers a LOT of expense too. Clearly our current system of crime deterrence IS NOT working in the US. Violent crime is surging big time despite LE and judicial efforts. Perhaps it's time for law abiding citizens in the US to arm and defend themselves and their family.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Shot 4 thru 8 are questionable since he was already un-armed and down on his stomach! He shot him in the back while he was down.
    you have been a member here for less than 20 hours. No introduction post, just sympathy for an armed robber who was shot and killed while committing a violent crime and waving a pistol. I guess we can see what your agenda is all about.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The guy shot the criminal in the back to protect the people at whom the criminal was pointing a gun. You won't get a lot of rationable people saying that should not be allowed. And while he appeared to be walking toward the door, I'm not sure what part of the video shows he was leaving. Perhaps he was actually moving to the customer in that area to rob them.

View attachment 132653
    View attachment 132654
    Yup, he did a thorough job of eliminating the threat. He killed the fork out that criminal. And I’m just betting he was about to turn his life around praise Jesus. I know you can’t see it, but I’m clapping my hands right now. Just imagine you can see and hear my applause. For full effect, imagine me whistling real loud too.

ruffrideralec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Lafayette
    you must be a sensitive liberal. This guy walks in waving a pistol and threatening to shoot the patrons. Robbing them of their hard earned money. Who knows if he was high on something? Who knows if he decides to turn and shoot someone on the way out?

So yes I'd give the good guy with a concealed handgun a medal for terminating the threat immediately. Instead of being a passive lamb for the taking, he stands up to an armed assailant and kills him. Bravo! All day long. Saved the taxpayers a LOT of expense too. Clearly our current system of crime deterrence IS NOT working in the US. Violent crime is surging big time despite LE and judicial efforts. Perhaps it's time for law abiding citizens in the US to arm and defend themselves and their family.
    You don't have a medal to give anyone and everything you've said is irrelevant to someone shooting someone in the back while they are on the floor and unarmed. You can be as liberal as you want or a hard core Trump Ball Sucking Maga. Doesn't matter because any cop would be prosecuted for doing what he did. You wanna have the right to carry do something half right but not accept responsibility for the other part and blame that on the person you shot in the back while laying on the floor unarmed. Yeah ok... Guess that's why he ran after instead of waiting for law enforcement. Because he knew they'd pin a medal on him.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You don't have a medal to give anyone and everything you've said is irrelevant to someone shooting someone in the back while they are on the floor and unarmed. You can be as liberal as you want or a hard core Trump Ball Sucking Maga. Doesn't matter because any cop would be prosecuted for doing what he did. You wanna have the right to carry do something half right but not accept responsibility for the other part and blame that on the person you shot in the back while laying on the floor unarmed. Yeah ok... Guess that's why he ran after instead of waiting for law enforcement. Because he knew they'd pin a medal on him.

You're really focused on the "in the back" nonsense as if that shot placement makes any shot wrong.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    Piney Woods, LA
    Closer examination of the video in post 69 reveals the perp pointing his "gun" more at the terrified diner seated in the upper left hand corner of the frame than at the door. That makes the homicide legal. The "hero" is gonna walk.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    You're really focused on the "in the back" nonsense as if that shot placement makes any shot wrong.
    I think he's referring to the shots in the back once he was down and unarmed, not while he was walking away. At least I hope that's what he saying. The shots to the back while he was still armed and in the building were perfectly fine.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think at the end of the day we can all agree that once you pull a gun and start threatening innocent lives, a person pretty much forfeits any right to life, being shot fairly and squarely or anyone in their right mind even giving a sh:t about the rights of a psycho that nobody wants around anyway.
    Also, if you haven’t already seen them, I can link you to several cop shooting vids where a group of officers empty their magazines into perps, dropping them and continue to shoot until the mag is dry, then cuffing them while they’re bleeding out and dying or already dead. Then guess what, nobody gets charged. The reason? See the first sentence of this post. Wanna maintain the right to not get shot in any part of your body, including the back, head or nutsack? Don’t be armed robbing, Mkay?

1674342773568.gif

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think he's referring to the shots in the back once he was down and unarmed, not while he was walking away. At least I hope that's what he saying. The shots to the back while he was still armed and in the building were perfectly fine.
    Post 67 makes it appear the guy had a problem with the initial shots in the back because the perp was leaving and wasn't a threat at that point.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I still argue that it's really hard to see what happened right before the final few shots to the perp on the ground.

He *could* have been reaching toward his waistband. He *could* have verbally said something indicating that he was going to cause harm to the good guy. We don't really know.

Either way, the whole thing took place in a matter of seconds and at the end of the day, a good guy with a gun (likely) saved lives that day or lives in the future.

Top Bottom