Armor and Destructive Devices

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    “Goes through about 20 gallons of gas in an hour.”

So not to totally invite myself but if I showed up (definitely announced ahead of time) one day in February with say 100 gallons of diesel how would the rest of the day go down?

Also, how would one go about buying a (small say 1 1/2”-2) cannon or mortar. Just a brief scan online has you wading through replicas and golf ball shooters.
    Get yourself an Oxygen Tank and make your own bowling ball mortar.

I've got a small BP cannon. Love it.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Get yourself an Oxygen Tank and make your own bowling ball mortar.

I've got a small BP cannon. Love it.
    I have seen that on YT. Edwin Sarkissin I think is his name. He shot a bowling ball like a couple miles. He was in rocky vacant terrain. Here is one of his videos, I just searched -

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Man, I am so jealous on a extreme level. I feel embarrassed to just own a few rifles. lol
    yeah I could dig building a bowling ball cannon. But we have no place really in south LA to shoot such. In the desert or mountains would be cool. Got to be super careful too, a guy could do serious bodily injury or kill himself or someone else with such a toy.

I'd have to calculate the energy of shooting a bowling ball for a mile or two. It can be done pretty easily really. I bet its prob 50 BMG energy level. Muzzle energy. You could shoot one into someone's frickin house I bet. Do serious damage. Its a cannon after all.

I have watched several of Ed's videos in the past years. He does some crazy stuff. Some would argue he is pretty damned foolish.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    16 pound bowling ball at 300 fps calculates to 22,059 feet pounds of energy. Or 30,341 joules KE. Could be > than 300 fps, just my guess.

Muzzle energy of a 50BMG round (655 grain projectile). 13,500 ft lbs.

Top Bottom