Assault weapons ban coming to New Orleans?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cybrludite

B.O.W. Crew #3.14159
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Metairie
    The camel's back is now broken by one straw to many. New Orleans can go to Hell, I'm going to Texas. :mad: Kicking myself for not doing so right after the storm...

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    You only need to jump across the canal to be out of New Orleans. No need to go to TX. ;)

Although there is some New Orleans population spillover into Jefferson, the idiot politicians stay on the other side.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    You only need to jump across the canal to be out of New Orleans. No need to go to TX. ;)

Although there is some New Orleans population spillover into Jefferson, the idiot politicians stay on the other side.

There's a lot of spillover into the new parish known as St. Tamanard

Where y'at!

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Hey, about how many plasma flat screen tv's do you think N.O. finest can fit into the back of that APC? I sure hope those rifles have slings, wouldnt want them to have to put them down when they're helping themselves to the loot come next end of the world.

chevydriver350

Young Padawong
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    kenner
    my question is in order to ban the sale of them in n.o doesnt there need to be a gun shop there funny thing is there isnt so whats he rantin about if there is no one there to put out of buisness

Cybrludite

B.O.W. Crew #3.14159
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Metairie

I'm already in Metairie, actually. As I implied by the whole "straw that broke the camel's back" business, this was just one thing too many, and not the only, or even the primary, reason I'm looking at heading west. Rents in the metro area are in the same price range as they are in Santa Fe, NM, only without the more pleasant climate, nearly non-existant crime, better scenery, and easy access to primo skiing. I'm currently paying $1.254 per square foot for a 500 sq ft. apartment in an OK neighborhood. (AKA, the longest anyone openly selling crack has lasted on my block has been about two weeks before the JPs ran them in, and most of the smaller apartment units within a few blocks of my place are full to the brim with mojados.) Native Texans are gobsmacked when I tell them that it's cheaper to live in Austin than post-Katrina New Orleans. Besides, I'm getting to the point where I should really settle down, find a nice girl, and start a family. Even before the storm, the NOLA metro was less than ideal for that.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    nolafun.jpg

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    Riley can crap in one hand and wish in the other. Louisiana has a preemption law which prevents a local government from making law that takes rights away guaranteed by the state. So unless the state legislature decides to ban "Assault Rifles" Riley is just wasting breath and time he should be devoting to fighting the real reasons of NO crime.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    When assault weapons, firearms, pea shooters etc... are finally banned for good from existence, I think they will all be grandfathered in but no longer transferable meaning when the owner of them dies they must be destroyed turned in etc... so that in 100 years from the time the laws would go into affect that they would all be gone. Fing $hit gets me mad just thinking about it.:mad:

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Then gun owners should be more aggressive in defense of their Inalienable Rights. My Constitution trumps any Civilian Disarmament scheme an "elected" official can cook up. To be straight with you, I dont even need a piece of paper to tell me I have the right to keep and bear arms. Must be something wired wrong in my head I suppose.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    When guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns? OK. But with around 258 million guns floating around, I think I'll be in good company on the "darkside"

Top Bottom