ATF Announces Pistol Brace "Amnesty" Period: What It Means For You

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I don’t see any reason to ignore you Motor. You have admitted how entertaining you find the chaos but I don’t think of you as an insect or a troll. I truly don’t see you as an instigator. Thank goodness there’s only a small number of those here.
    Well.. Like.. That's just your opinion man.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    If only you knew how ridiculous this statement is..
    How is it ridiculous? It's my opinion. For me I don't need an AR to protect myself or my family. If you feel you need an AR for protection.. Have at it. I have plenty of non AR rifles that I shoot just as good. The AR is not the end all be all.

I also never said they should be banned. I just choose to not deal with the BS. One day this is legal. One day it isnt.. I don't have time to deal with all that.

Sorry that my comment about the "best" rifle for protection hurts your feelings.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Just pointing out the double standards. If you’re good with them I’m sure everyone else is.

Is 2 members on my ignore list lengthy? Iirc, that’s the number of active members on mine. If there are more, I guess I’ve forgotten about them completely. Out of sight out of mind you know.
    Why is there an ignore feature on this site?
    If you think the ignore feature shouldn’t exist maybe you should take it up with the site owner. Personally I think it’s a great feature if it curtails the little nitpicking and attempts at provoking that wind up filling a thread with utter BS that only a choice few members seem to enjoy. You know, the group that participated in that discord thing you put together. Sorry I never took you up on your invite… just not my bag. I’ll continue to use the ignore feature as long as it’s available. I look at it like bug spray. Keeps the insects from being a bother, you know, that constant little buzzing like a mosquito harassing you.
    I would encourage any member who has issue with my posts to add me to their ignore list, especially if you can’t bear to just ignore or overlook a post. I won’t judge anyone for their reasons. I mean, in real life I generally ignore troublemakers so I don’t see why it should be any different online. All they want is to get a rise out of people anyway. Ignoring them is the best option. They can say anything they want and it’s done. No big bunch of BS taking up the thread. They just take their poke and it’s over.
    So there ya go. Hope that clears things up for you.
    Please let me be one of the two....

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Another reason that makes it not worth owning an AR.. Why deal with all the bs.

Just my opinion not advice.

I have had my Colt SP1 since 1980.
    Never gave me trouble or any one else. Even has the Colt wing nutted scope on the carry handle.
    But all these new black guns may end up being a bad influence.
    So erring on the safe side I keep one eye open while sleeping, and keep it locked up.
    I think the young up start AR-15 's may be the problem.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Fear not , many criminals do own them. I have no problem with them being regulated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Nothing new.
    John Dillinger carried a 1911 full auto with an extended magazine.
    Think it is property of the FBI gun vault now.
    Was shown on American Rifleman.
    Looked like it was a blast.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    What will REALLY screw with people if the ATF makes a new category, and forces people to register them as a "Pistol braced weapon" and gives an amnesty with no $200 requirement. Then you are stuck with that ridiculous looking pistol brace forever.
    Right!!!! imagine being stuck with those ugly looking pistol braces, that you are still legally allowed to cross state lines without a written 30+ day approval from the ATF, don’t require additional paperwork , engraving, and a $200 tax stamp…. And for any reason whatsoever I can let a family member or friend borrow one who needs it for protection, hunting, or just for fun… let along let it outta your site…. And can sell them at any moment to liquidate my assets or just to get something new, and don’t have to ask the governments permission to take it off a list so I can please sell/remove it

None of those things are possible with a wonderful SBR, and no I’m not a shadow Elite patriot warrior who’s a conspiracy theorist, lol… I have 8 NFA items…. Just don’t agree with the potential ban/Amnesty for braces after 10+ years and 50-60 million pistol braces previously approved by the same ATF Organization

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    @6:40 and 7:20 he explains a pretty good bit about how this isnt gonna be a free for all tax stamp, again this is just a 2a attorney speaking his mind

Philt1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lafayette La.
    America has gone BACK 50 f.... years , they did a amnesty after the Vietnam war for vets returning with service rifles. They've lost Chevron deference and they don't give a **** they think they have the power to do wtf they want , they been running rogue far to long Y'all Press our senators hard to stop this . You can forget Cassidy he don't even respond to me anymore F.... RINO . .I have a 16" barrel on stand by just in case , Wow to see the comments on these AR pistols .... And these are 2A Supporters?

Last edited:

Black Zulu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    Another reason that makes it not worth owning an AR.. Why deal with all the bs.

Just my opinion not advice.

WHY WOULD YOU POST THAT? IF YOU GIVE THEM AN INCH THEY WILL TAKE 10 MILES, ESPECIALLY THE WAY POLITICS ARE PLAYING OUT NOW. YOU NEED TO GET YOU AND AR WEAPON OF SOME TYPE AND HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT!!!!!!!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    WHY WOULD YOU POST THAT? IF YOU GIVE THEM AN INCH THEY WILL TAKE 10 MILES, ESPECIALLY THE WAY POLITICS ARE PLAYING OUT NOW. YOU NEED TO GET YOU AND AR WEAPON OF SOME TYPE AND HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT!!!!!!!
    Ok...take a deep breath and relax. Look for the caps lock button and hit it so people will pay more attention to your message than to the fact you are typing in all caps. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Everyone is allowed to state their opinion, even the wrong ones like there's too much BS to owning an AR. Telling someone they should feel a certain way about an issue and dictating what they must own is not much different that telling someone they should feel a certain way about an issue and dictating what they must not own. Inherent in the right to bear arms is the right to not bear arms. Or the right to bear certain arms and not others.

SHEEPDOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    IF... the ATF comes to your residence looking for legally purchased pistol brace, lock up your dogs!!!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Oh

Top Bottom