ATF Announces Pistol Brace "Amnesty" Period: What It Means For You

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    WHY WOULD YOU POST THAT? IF YOU GIVE THEM AN INCH THEY WILL TAKE 10 MILES, ESPECIALLY THE WAY POLITICS ARE PLAYING OUT NOW. YOU NEED TO GET YOU AND AR WEAPON OF SOME TYPE AND HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT!!!!!!!
    Wait.. Where did I say I don't have any guns to protect my family?? Where did I say I think AR's should be banned? Where did I say no one should have one?

Me.. I.. Personally.. Don't want one. I don't have any use for one and I don't think they are all that fun to shoot. So for ME.. It's not worth the trouble of keeping up with all the bs of owning one.

I had an ar pistol a rare breed trigger and a Tavor sar .. I don't have any time for door knocks from the ATF so I got rid of all of it.

With that said.. I email our reps and tell them how I feel about any kind of weapons ban.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Wait.. Where did I say I don't have any guns to protect my family?? Where did I say I think AR's should be banned? Where did I say no one should have one?

Me.. I.. Personally.. Don't want one. I don't have any use for one and I don't think they are all that fun to shoot. So for ME.. It's not worth the trouble of keeping up with all the bs of owning one.

I had an ar pistol a rare breed trigger and a Tavor sar .. I don't have any time for door knocks from the ATF so I got rid of all of it.

With that said.. I email our reps and tell them how I feel about any kind of weapons ban.

I'm with you. I talk a lot of ****, but I don't care to own anything that attracts attention myself. I have owned plenty of assault rifles in the past but I sold them all over the past couple years.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I'm with you. I talk a lot of ****, but I don't care to own anything that attracts attention myself. I have owned plenty of assault rifles in the past but I sold them all over the past couple years.
    What's an assault rifle?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Does this include braces for the Mossberg Shockwave which isnt a shotgun?
    From what I understand, the ATF is going to give instructions on how to tell if your weapon is considered a pistol, rifle, or SBR, or in this case, SBS.
    It is quite possible that many of the existing "pistols" will no longer qualify as pistols and will be reclassified as an NFA item, even without a brace or stock.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    From what I understand, the ATF is going to give instructions on how to tell if your weapon is considered a pistol, rifle, or SBR, or in this case, SBS.
    It is quite possible that many of the existing "pistols" will no longer qualify as pistols and will be reclassified as an NFA item, even without a brace or stock.
    Thanks. I do have it form 1'ed but i'm trying to see how quickly I need to go down on my price since i put just the brace up for sale :)

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Thanks. I do have it form 1'ed but i'm trying to see how quickly I need to go down on my price since i put just the brace up for sale :)
    Keep in mind, none of this is set in stone. We could also possibly not have any of this come to fruition. Hopefully.

One would think that the supposed HUGE 2A supreme court decisions would nullify any of this, but we have yet to see how any of it will play out.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I am curious if the Q mini fix and the sig pistols with folders might fall into this category? I have form1 all of my receivers already for sbr just to be safe , but I also dont believe the stamps will be free. I believe if you want to keep your brace, you will pay 200 bucks.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If you go to post #3 you will find a link. That link sends you to a checklist that the ATF will use to determine legality. All of the questions can be answered if you just follow the checklist with the firearm in question. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    WHY WOULD YOU POST THAT? IF YOU GIVE THEM AN INCH THEY WILL TAKE 10 MILES, ESPECIALLY THE WAY POLITICS ARE PLAYING OUT NOW. YOU NEED TO GET YOU AND AR WEAPON OF SOME TYPE AND HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT!!!!!!!

Someone is about to go full wolverine in here
    giphy.gif

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    If you go to post #3 you will find a link. That link sends you to a checklist that the ATF will use to determine legality. All of the questions can be answered if you just follow the checklist with the firearm in question. Thanks.

Thanks, it was more conversational in nature and opinions solicited. thoughts and ideas .. who will do what with each folder, stock, brace. whatever. its all interesting in a colonoscopy level of thought

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Thanks, it was more conversational in nature and opinions solicited. thoughts and ideas .. who will do what with each folder, stock, brace. whatever. its all interesting in a colonoscopy level of thought

I wasn’t pointing you out, that’s why I didn’t quote you. There were several people questioning different firearms.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don't suppose now is a good time to remind everyone who gave precedent to this type of ban by the ATF?

Who uses bump stocks anyway? Take the guns first, due process later.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Take the guns first, due process later.
    I've heard that before yet some are in denial...

I wish people felt strongly about the 2A like they do with this stuff everytime a person gets arrested/charged/convicted/sentenced with a gun crime including felons.

Top Bottom