ATF Announces Pistol Brace "Amnesty" Period: What It Means For You

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I've heard that before yet some are in denial...

I wish people felt strongly about the 2A like they do with this stuff everytime a person gets arrested/charged/convicted/sentenced with a gun crime including felons.

So you are pro felons having firearms? Your post was confusing to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan

BY strict reading of the constitution it doesn't exclude the felons as many already were bad in some for or fashion. The felony thing is something that our government put on as one beginning layer of removal.

I am OK with felons not having them, but I have been wrong on so many things in my life.. lol

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Id like to see this guy try this trick himself and send a video of him shooting it to the ATF.

He's the InfoWars.com of firearms.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    tennis balls have worked for years and way before braces were ever invented...... and was already clarified that you could shoot a glock or any other pistol with it against your shoulder legally (as silly and dumb as it would look lol) and the same with a ar pistol as long as it didnt have a stock on it, then it wouldnt be classified as a rifle/sbr, same as if you could shoot a shotgun or 16" rifle with one hand doesnt change the classification to a pistol/sbr/sbs...
    1663970671606.png

1663970692314.png

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    tennis balls have worked for years and way before braces were ever invented...... and was already clarified that you could shoot a glock or any other pistol with it against your shoulder legally (as silly and dumb as it would look lol) and the same with a ar pistol as long as it didnt have a stock on it, then it wouldnt be classified as a rifle/sbr, same as if you could shoot a shotgun or 16" rifle with one hand doesnt change the classification to a pistol/sbr/sbs...View attachment 126284
    View attachment 126285
    I've seen the rubber pads for walking canes used before "to help then stand up instead off falling over when leaned against the wall."

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Popping some kernels….

This opinion seems to go a little beyond braces. It seems like it makes the case that putting a stock on to a pistol would be constitutionally protected. If it's the case that adding a stock to a pistol makes it safer, what does shortening the barrel do for a rifle? And would there be a new classification, a stocked pistol? And are silencers a safety-improving modification to otherwise lawful bearable arms?

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 8.14.07 AM.png

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

I’d rather no firearm laws at all. Every last one is an infringement. Felons will do what felons do. Law abiding citizens are the only ones impacted from gun laws and the impacts are not positive.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This opinion seems to go a little beyond braces. It seems like it makes the case that putting a stock on to a pistol would be constitutionally protected. If it's the case that adding a stock to a pistol makes it safer, what does shortening the barrel do for a rifle? And would there be a new classification, a stocked pistol? And are silencers a safety-improving modification to otherwise lawful bearable arms?

View attachment 144060
    I don’t know about all that, but I know it’s refreshing for a judge to render such an opinion.
    SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

sierra117

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Covington, La.
    REEEEEEE I WILL NOT REGISTER MY GUNS

... but like, other than the 4473 I had to fill out and sign when I picked it up that puts a my social security number and a scan of my drivers' license next to the gun's serial number on federal paperwork that's linked to the fingerprints I submitted to the state government for my carry permit... plus or minus that form I filled out with the manufacturer with my home address so I could get the warranty...
    +1; the only thing you omitted was the forums/boards=)

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Considering the fact that today you can be charged with a felony for expressing doubt in election results, I'm pro-felon w/a gun.

If someone is dangerous, they belong in jail.

If they've paid their debt to society, they should have their rights restored.

Used to be considered cruel to release a prisoner without providing them with a firearm in the Indian Territories.

Today Detroit, Chicago and New Orleans are all more dangerous than the Indian Territories of yesteryear.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom