ATF "gun verification"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I agree. It’s a crying shame that we should have to spell it out for folks in this day and age. It’s worse when I hear people use ‘just comply’ in any sentence because then I get an overwhelming urge to start forcing my boot into some asscheeks and next thing you know I’m labeled a violent person. I’m quickly losing the ability to remain civil when it comes to defending our rights. I just don’t feel like being nice at that point.
    Well said. We the people can't comply our way out of tyranny. This is first order BS

Talon65

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Oak Harbor Washington
    “Whole buncha two guns”

What a con job. I’d send them packing.
    I doubt I’d just open the door but if they had caught me outside, I’d smile and be as polite as a Catholic school boy and ask for a warrant. If none is provided I’d tell them their papers aren’t in order and ask them to leave. Then I’d call my local Sheriff and report their visit.
    This!!! No disrespect to our LEO members but no warrant no entry and you Never Ever answer questions without your attorney present

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    This!!! No disrespect to our LEO members but no warrant no entry and you Never Ever answer questions without your attorney present
    Isn't it something that we have to clarify that we respect LEO's while we give our stance on our own rights being violated?
    Last I checked, all law enforcement takes an oath to serve and protect the people within the bounds of the constitution. Invasion of privacy is not within those bounds, even if it makes their job easier or "keeps communities safe".

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

I think the thread I started a couple years ago got closed so I’d like to pose the question again and see what kind of a roasting the same members will offer today. I guess I could take a poll. Or just ask the question. I’m wondering if those members will double down and insist that the ATF is not collecting any info about what you are purchasing when you do your background check and purchase. Oh wait, I bet they’ll concede and just give the old “well there’s nothing you can do about it anyway” argument, for whatever that’s worth.

Maybe a mod could reopen the thread? Hmmm…

Yeah, it got pretty ugly, can’t blame anyone if they don’t want to revisit those pages..

So, still think they aren’t making a list?
    Do you still believe they don’t have that info? No way to collect it?
    As a gun owner, do you think this is nothing to be concerned about?
    Let’s revisit the bashing. I wanna know how you feel now.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

I think the thread I started a couple years ago got closed so I’d like to pose the question again and see what kind of a roasting the same members will offer today. I guess I could take a poll. Or just ask the question. I’m wondering if those members will double down and insist that the ATF is not collecting any info about what you are purchasing when you do your background check and purchase. Oh wait, I bet they’ll concede and just give the old “well there’s nothing you can do about it anyway” argument, for whatever that’s worth.

Yeah, it got pretty ugly, can’t blame anyone if they don’t want to revisit those pages..

Wow crazy timing. This video just came out about 45 minutes ago

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

This aged like Mick Jagger.
    99bfdcdaddeb9a513e66285d35815e80.jpg

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    Straight out of HR-127.
    They're just moving forward with the sections of HR-127 without passing HR-127.

More PROOF that all this is about taking Guns and has nothing to do with the safety of We The People.

Call it a conspiracy theory if you want. If you do, just know that it might be in your best interest to find yourself a good recipe for cooking crow.
    I hear the feathers are nice 'n crispy if you fry 'em right.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Maybe checking on the FFL that he did not add additional guns to the 4473 after the sale and actually sold them to someone else. Either that, or checking that the buyer was the actual purchaser and not a straw purchaser who had already passed the guns on. ATF is not doing anything illegal, since they were only asking for verification. They still could not demand to see the guns, or enter the house without a warrant.
    I would refuse entry in all cases and I would make them get a warrant. I would also offer to surrender my firearms to my attorney in this case. And call my local reps and community network. I may allow the ATF to look at the firearms if they were very polite. I'd remind them that they are jackboots that serve the people not the executive branch on their way out after serving them some **** warm lemonade. Making it easy will lead to overstepping sad but true. As a retired duty guy, I have nothing but respect for those who serve but we are in hard times with the political autocrats.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I would refuse entry in all cases and I would make them get a warrant. I would also offer to surrender my firearms to my attorney in this case. And call my local reps and community network. I may allow the ATF to look at the firearms if they were very polite. I'd remind them that they are jackboots that serve the people not the executive branch on their way out after serving them some **** warm lemonade. Making it easy will lead to overstepping sad but true. As a retired duty guy, I have nothing but respect for those who serve but we are in hard times with the political autocrats.
    I respect those who serve but I can’t say I have any respect whatsoever for anyone working for the atf. They are constantly infringing on peoples rights as an organization as a whole. They act in a manner as if they are the law and are able to do as they please. They constantly illegally write their own versions of laws and how they perceive them. I know all we mainly see is the bad but it’s an awful lot of bad and it’s really bad at that.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I respect those who serve but I can’t say I have any respect whatsoever for anyone working for the atf. They are constantly infringing on peoples rights as an organization as a whole. They act in a manner as if they are the law and are able to do as they please. They constantly illegally write their own versions of laws and how they perceive them. I know all we mainly see is the bad but it’s an awful lot of bad and it’s really bad at that.
    Maybe if they spent half as much time keeping their own on the straight and narrow instead of getting foot loose, fast and furious and running guns to Mexicarts and stomping on people for practicing free speech (CRS)… good guys in the ATF? I wonder who started that myth…I bet it was Janet Reno.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Maybe if they spent half as much time keeping their own on the straight and narrow instead of getting foot loose, fast and furious and running guns to Mexicarts and stomping on people for practicing free speech (CRS)… good guys in the ATF? I wonder who started that myth…I bet it was Janet Reno.

Absolutely agree. They should also focus maybe on going after real criminals and stop trying to infringe on law abiding citizens rights and attempting to making them criminals by interpreting laws in an unconstitutional way or completely ignoring the constitution and laws already in place. Also should probably uphold the oath they swore into instead of constantly violating it. At this point no one gets a pass for “just following orders” who in their right mind would show up to a job everyday infringing on citizens rights and knowingly being affiliated with all of the garbage they are unless they actually wanted too? I’ll say it, they are all scum at this point. I can’t respect anyone who operates like that.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    "I don't answer questions."

^ Youtube link to a great scene from Mr. In-Between wouldn't work.

As a police officer, I've had to respond to untold hundreds of useless calls that we should have been able to ignore, but you get sent anyway, and you politely explain why you're there, apologize if it's bullsh!t, and move on. In the case of the original video posted in this thread, the citizen just didn't appear to have either the knowledge to know he could tell them to pound sand, or the intestinal fortitude to do so. The contact lasted precisely as long, and went only as far, as he allowed it. We can lament his lack of knowledge or balls, and we can lament the improperly focused agenda driving the ATF, but until that video shows him refusing them and they then proceed to force him, maybe we shouldn't broad-brush every agent that works for the ATF.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA

As a police officer, I've had to respond to untold hundreds of useless calls that we should have been able to ignore, but you get sent anyway, and you politely explain why you're there, apologize if it's bullsh!t, and move on. In the case of the original video posted in this thread, the citizen just didn't appear to have either the knowledge to know he could tell them to pound sand, or the intestinal fortitude to do so. The contact lasted precisely as long, and went only as far, as he allowed it. We can lament his lack of knowledge or balls, and we can lament the improperly focused agenda driving the ATF, but until that video shows him refusing them and they then proceed to force him, maybe we shouldn't broad-brush every agent that works for the ATF.

Until I see evidence of an ATF agent defending and protecting the COTUS, I am inclined to paint with that broad brush.

And while citizens knowing their rights is extremely important toward repelling tyranny, alphabet soup agencies preying on the law abiding is no less tyrannical b/c an individual does not know his/her rights.

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    Until I see evidence of an ATF agent defending and protecting the COTUS, I am inclined to paint with that broad brush.

And while citizens knowing their rights is extremely important toward repelling tyranny, alphabet soup agencies preying on the law abiding is no less tyrannical b/c an individual does not know his/her rights.
    I have seen, many times, "government employees" (I'll use that blanket term) taking advantage of a Citizen that doesn't know the legal details, and keeping relevant details to themselves to keep the Citizen in the dark.

IMO, if a "government employee" can enforce a law or laws in a given scenario they should be obligated to recite every relevant law surrounding that scenario, for the knowing and the benefit of the Citizen subject to the law.
    .EVERY.
    .SINGLE.
    .DETAIL.

Top Bottom