ATF visit today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    An agent is coming to do an inspection this morning for my FFL01 (I currently hold a CnR) so hopefully there will be a new licensee in Walker real soon. I will admit Im a little nervous.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    As long as you are honest and abide by their rules you should be good to go.
    ATF folks are, in my opinion, often vilified by those who have never dealt with them.
    They can be your best friend (or your worst enemy) in the firearms arena depending on how you conduct your business; kinda like the Marines...

I say relax and get to know them.
    They're just people after all.
    (Now that I've said that, let the flaming begin...)

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Top 10 way to insure your visit with the ATF goes smoothly.

1) Record the entire inspection with your smartphone. Brag about how many hits you are going to get on your youtube channel when you upload this!

2) Make a custom parking space outside your storefront. Label the sign "Jack Booted Thug Parking Only" and insist they park there.

3) Leave educational books lying around on your counter. Titles like "The Anarchist Cookbook", "How to Make Explosives From Everyday Household Items", and "Make Your Own Whiskey Still".

4) Leave an old break bbl shotgun out on the counter in a gun vise. Take a hacksaw and score the bbl deeply around the 10 inch mark. Leave the hacksaw laying beside it.

5) ATF agents love penises. In order to break the ice, show them yours! Ask them how it compares in size to Eric Holders.

6) Have a display that sells shoestrings. Place a sign over it instructing patrons that they are not for sale without a class 3 tax stamp.

7) Choose a spot on the wall and make a David Koresh memorial. If questioned about it, refer to him as a victim.

8) Use the phrase "Fast and Furious" as many times as possible. Example: "I've been working fast and furiously to get these forms ready for ya'll." Be creative!

9) Have your friends dress in army surplus camo and enter the store randomly, look wide eyed at the agents then turn around and leave quickly.

10) In a conspicuous place, pile 3 bags of deer corn, a bag of sugar, some copper tubing, a pressure cooker and some glass jars next to each other. When questioned about it, wink and call it materials for building a "deer feeder". Use finger quotes when saying the words "Deer Feeder".

If yall come up with any better ones, let me know.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Have a log full of firearm sales you made during the past 6 months. Make sure to make a column for how much each one cost, how much you sold it for, and how much profit you made on each one. Make sure you show them this log to let them know that you have been keeping track of your firearm sales.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

1) Record the entire inspection with your smartphone. Brag about how many hits you are going to get on your youtube channel when you upload this!

2) Make a custom parking space outside your storefront. Label the sign "Jack Booted Thug Parking Only" and insist they park there.

3) Leave educational books lying around on your counter. Titles like "The Anarchist Cookbook", "How to Make Explosives From Everyday Household Items", and "Make Your Own Whiskey Still".

4) Leave an old break bbl shotgun out on the counter in a gun vise. Take a hacksaw and score the bbl deeply around the 10 inch mark. Leave the hacksaw laying beside it.

5) ATF agents love penises. In order to break the ice, show them yours! Ask them how it compares in size to Eric Holders.

6) Have a display that sells shoestrings. Place a sign over it instructing patrons that they are not for sale without a class 3 tax stamp.

7) Choose a spot on the wall and make a David Koresh memorial. If questioned about it, refer to him as a victim.

8) Use the phrase "Fast and Furious" as many times as possible. Example: "I've been working fast and furiously to get these forms ready for ya'll." Be creative!

9) Have your friends dress in army surplus camo and enter the store randomly, look wide eyed at the agents then turn around and leave quickly.

10) In a conspicuous place, pile 3 bags of deer corn, a bag of sugar, some copper tubing, a pressure cooker and some glass jars next to each other. When questioned about it, wink and call it materials for building a "deer feeder". Use finger quotes when saying the words "Deer Feeder".

love it..:chuckles:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    wp9ovlajzgfi06ym5o3e.jpg

"Deer Feeder"

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA

Brilliant !:rofl:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Have a log full of firearm sales you made during the past 6 months. Make sure to make a column for how much each one cost, how much you sold it for, and how much profit you made on each one. Make sure you show them this log to let them know that you have been keeping track of your firearm sales.

Sure hope your joking.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Our interview was at Starbucks, it was less of an interview and more on how to fill out paperwork properly. They liked the fact that we had copies of our occupancy license, articles of incorporation and all that good stuff copied for him so he didn't have to go pull it up. He said nobody ever has that stuff for him. The agents are very nice in my experience, even if you do make a mistake.

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Our interview was at Starbucks, it was less of an interview and more on how to fill out paperwork properly. They liked the fact that we had copies of our occupancy license, articles of incorporation and all that good stuff copied for him so he didn't have to go pull it up. He said nobody ever has that stuff for him. The agents are very nice in my experience, even if you do make a mistake.

It went well and he said I should have my license in a month. Livingston wouldnt talk to me until i got my license so I dont have an occupancy permit yet. I have my federal tax id and i need to file for my buisness name and state tax ID. Im concerned about the parish permit and what it will cost. They wouldnt tell me anything

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It went well and he said I should have my license in a month. Livingston wouldnt talk to me until i got my license so I dont have an occupancy permit yet. I have my federal tax id and i need to file for my buisness name and state tax ID. Im concerned about the parish permit and what it will cost. They wouldnt tell me anything

The parish permit wasn't much when I had to pull one for a multi million dollar business in Livingston parish, it shouldn't be too bad. They have a fee schedule posted on the wall at the place you get the permits in Denham.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Sure hope your joking.

Well, you would want them to know that you are organized, professional, and capable of keeping a correct log, right? I am sure they would overlook the whole illegal sales of firearms without proper license as long as you had planned to acquire one all along, and you kept a professional log, yes?:cool:

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker

I tried to have my stuff before hand but it didnt work out. Plus i didnt want to go too far without knowing it was approved. Thats good info, thanks. Im trying to find out how or where to get my logo made now so I can turn in my state paperwork and then get my state tax ID

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom