ATI’s Fake Suppressor deemed illegal by BATFE

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It's more of a sonic crack. I have silencers for .22, .223, and .45.

The NFA people are a pleasure to deal with if you are on their side. If I had one of these GSG things I would just register it and make it a silencer if it's so easy to convert.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's more of a sonic crack. I have silencers for .22, .223, and .45.

The NFA people are a pleasure to deal with if you are on their side. If I had one of these GSG things I would just register it and make it a silencer if it's so easy to convert.

I wasn't sure if crack was the technical term. It does sound like a fire cracker rather than a deeper boom from a jet.

The gov't is always a pleasure to deal with when you're on their side. lol

You can buy books on suppressor construction. It's pretty simple to make. If it's any good would depend on the person making it I suppose. The book I've seen also included examples of the necessary paperwork needed for registering your homemade suppressor.
    I find it kind of funny that you have to register something homemade with the federal gov't.

Found it: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Hayduke-Silencer-Book-George/dp/0873645227[/ame]

Last edited:

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    I just measured the shroud on one that belongs to someone I know ----It's NOT MINE--- and it measures 1 3/16 inch. I guess that is the regular carbine size and not subject to the new law. Does this sound right. Who the hell knows what BATF really means.

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    Isn't there some sort of law they have that anything made in-state doesn't have to registered?

Thats the idea behind it. Doesn't apply to machine guns though.

The Montana Firearms Freedom Act, also known as Montana House Bill Number 246,[1] was introduced January 13, 2009 by Joel Boniek, Gerald Bennett, Edward Butcher, Aubyn Curtiss, Lee Randall and Wendy Warburton. The bill was signed in to law by Governor Brian Schweitzer on April 15, 2009 and became effective on October 1, 2009. On that effective date, supporters of the law filed suit as a test case in federal district court.
    The law exempts firearms made and kept in the state of Montana from United States federal firearms regulations. It also has no requirements for registration, background checks or dealer licensing. It applies to firearms other than machineguns, along with ammunition and accessories such as silencers,[2] provided that these items are manufactured in the state, and do not leave the state.
    It makes several references to a contract made between the United States and the state and people of Montana. It goes on to say the United States agreed to the compact and it was adopted by Montana and the United States in 1889.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Regarding your post about silencers not being whisper quiet, it depends. A .22lr with a silencer and subsonic ammo is silent enough for me to hunt in your backyard and you won't know it.
    An ar in .300 whisper shooting 220 gr. subs (suppressed) is pretty frickin quiet, too.

Top Bottom