AXIL hearing protection

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry J

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Anybody use AXIL GS Extreme hearing protection? Been looking at them and doing research. I had decided against them, but in the May issue of Shooting Illustrated, the NRA the AXIL Ghost Stryke Extreme rated as their "Accessory of the Year". Now I'm not so sure. Hate spending $200 on muffs. The only difference between the two models is the ear bud.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I have the Sig model made by Axil, and they work ok, not really what I was expecting from an earbud. For shooting you have to use the foam inserts.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Not familiar with those. I have been using the Otto Noizebarrier Micro in-the-ear. They come in a small pocket size box, looks like a mini Pelican case. You store them in the box, and they get recharged while they are inserted in the box. They stay charged for 6 to 8 hours, recharge in about 4 hours, and the charging case provides about 20 charges, then you plug it into a USB port to recharge it. They have a normal setting, which allows you to hear normal sounds and a enhanced setting which allows you to hear very faint sounds, like distant elk bugles, etc Small, compact in the ear, and provide 28 db noise protection with the foam ear piece and 23 db with the silicone ear piece. They don't interfere with your rifle/shotgun stock when firing, and provide all day comfort. They offer first responder and military discounts.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LayeVee
    Top Bottom