B-17 & P-63 Midair Collision

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I’m sure y’all have seen the news of the Dallas crash but if you have been to an air show since 1980 or watched a movie with Real planes then you have seen the B-17 Texas Raiders flying. It usually had an American & Texas flag flying from the cockpit when on the ground. This one crash took 5 or 6 souls from the Commemorative Air Force & 2 flying historic artifacts.
    So please say a pray for those lost & their family and friends.
    Here’s a good explanation of what happened.
    41797C9F-EEB5-4791-889C-EC45A4FEDCE6.jpeg

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Yes, being an aviation nut especially WW2 warbirds I saw what happened. It is very sad this happened and prayers to those families who lost someone, tragic. I can see how this could have easily happened and what most people think happened. But I'm not going to armchair quarterback and say what I think, I wasn't there but there is lots of good video evidence which should explain what happened. If you've ever sit in one of those type aircraft you definitely notice the lack of visibility forward/under the nose. Also with the amount of aircraft in the same general airspace at one time, extreme care must be taken to avoid this type of accident. I'm not against this type of flying demonstration, but think it must be safe for the crowd and pilots themselves. I know of numerous airshow accidents that has claimed the lives of the crowd and participants as well. Not only the destruction of historic aircraft. Sad this happened and prayers for the CAF community.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    The NTSB just released a preliminary report and it it Very Bad! You just have to watch to understand what happened. The traffic patterns were changed in flight. Both planes were told to cross flight paths. Unbelievable!

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    With all the videos I looked at, I figured it was going to be the P-63 pilots fault, but he was just following the air bosses commands.
    I reminds me of a seen of The Mad Hatter yelling “Change Places!” So so Sad.

Top Bottom