B.O.L.O. - Don't be the ONE!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Just another public service announcement(w/ videos for you short attention spanders lol)
    to be aware of your surroundings and maintain your bearing.

With the current economic climate and being in the midst of Holidays (& Shopping Frenzy’s) we find ourselves surrounded by potential firestorms.

Thankfully, most can be avoided with a cool head and by maintaining your composure.

Don't assume your family thinks like you do. Spread the word and offer at least a simple word of caution through the Holidays. You might just save one of them from a potential nightmare of a situation.

Holiday Threats = Drunk Drivers - Pay Attention on the Road! Not just where you're going but what could be coming at you. I myself have avoided more than one wreck by getting out of the way b/c I was paying attention.
    -Shopping Frenzy’s – My wife does it too and I was sure to remind her DON’T BE THE ONE to get involved with some crazy chick who just cut in front of you to get the last pair of flip-flops.

Economic Uncertainty = Edgy people looking to take out their frustrations
    on someone, anyone - DON'T BE THE ONE!

Overall there is a constant stream of videos being posted on the net showing these things as well as what seems to be an alarming rate of Road Rage.

If you're a woman, never ASSUME that a man would not lay a hand on you. Your best bet is to assume that all men in a potential contact situation might indeed knock you the F. Out and create and maintain space to react to such a situation.

If you're a man, especially those of us who carry, DON'T BE THE ONE to put some guy/girl in his/her place for being an *******. *Especially if you are carrying*. Better let that **** go! Don't be the MORAL POLICE, Don't get into an EGO WAR, the worlds not yours, just the ground you stand on. Escape and Evade if possible.

*No need to talk about what to do if it's not possible, that route comes naturally. If you're unsure about that route, stop wasting money on useless things in your life and get some training from one of our Fine Sponsors.*

Think HARD about these videos below PLEASE!

Every one of us could EASILY find ourselves in this situation TODAY when you stop for Gas! TOMORROW when you’re out to eat with the family or anytime in the future.

BE AWARE of your surroundings and Stay Frosty!

Thug Purposely Runs Into Man

You could be standing next to him in Burger King

Dont Drink and Drive The Victim's Side of The Trauma

ROAD RAGE

Shopping Fights

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    In other words, if there were ever a time to rack a fresh round and keep your head on a swivel, the holiday season would be that time. Ironic, ain't it?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Animals.

I experienced the Black Friday crap ONCE- and that was plenty.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Ok - given the scenario with the "Road Rage Idiot" that jumped out of his car with a steel pipe... I don't even know where to begin... I think I would have actually shot him.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    My wife was going out for Black Friday and I told her I was going with her. I didnt want her to go alone. The funny part was that Cabelas was the craziest place we went too. The lines were from the front of the store to the back.

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    ive walked away from a few stupid situations during the holiday time that escalated fast and i knew where they were going. Did i feel like a ***** for a few days, and my pride got a little hurt, sure, however did I walk away. And in retrospect, it was the right thing to do. Lots of people dont have that second thought of "is this worth it" or "will i get killed or arrested", they just go for it. Best way to stop that situation is to flat out leave, and take yourself out of the situation.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If you're a man, especially those of us who carry, DON'T BE THE ONE to put some guy/girl in his/her place for being an *******. *Especially if you are carrying*.

Pretty sure he put it there twice for a reason, folks. Damn good advice.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    ive walked away from a few stupid situations during the holiday time that escalated fast and i knew where they were going. Did i feel like a ***** for a few days, and my pride got a little hurt, sure, however did I walk away. And in retrospect, it was the right thing to do. Lots of people dont have that second thought of "is this worth it" or "will i get killed or arrested", they just go for it. Best way to stop that situation is to flat out leave, and take yourself out of the situation.

That's it in a nutshell.

I am a small guy, and other people tend to see this as a weakness and therefore they like to exploit that weakness to make themselves feel like more of a man. That being said, as hard as it is sometimes, I just let them have their moment and walk away. I do this because it takes a lot to **** me off, I really am an easy going/laid back guy, but when I reach that point of no return, things tend to get messy. The key factor here is to know yourself, and know that its almost always better to walk away with some hurt pride, than to stand up and potentially help create a very bad situation that could cost someone their life.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    another recent video.

and a PRIME example of why I DO NOT go to Bars.

This dude wasn't even fighting, just trying to break it up.

he was brought in to the emergncy unit by his sister at the morning of Nov 26, after he didn't wake up from his sleep. the cause of death was trumatic brain injury.

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    another recent video.

and a PRIME example of why I DO NOT go to Bars.

This dude wasn't even fighting, just trying to break it up.

+1

I've got a buddy from high school who went into the USMC that's dealing with probably-lifelong issues from a head injury. He was in a bar and basically stood up for a friend's gf. The ******* got one good swing at him, he went down and hit his head, and subsequently will deal with the damage for the rest of his life. The only fight you win is the one you don't get in...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom