Baiting an intruder - "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I feel sorry for no one in this!

Understanding that the shooter got what he deserved; why does anyone feel it is harmless to go into some one's garage to look for ANYTHING, much less alcohol? It didn't say he was drunk, and it didn't say he was mentally ill when he voluntarily entered the strangers garage.

Cold as it may sound, both got what they deserved.

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Reminds me of a similar incident (intruder in garage) that happened in B.R. years ago. A homeowner near LSU shot a foreign exchange student he caught in his garage. The intruder kept advancing after being warned and having a pistol aimed at him. I think it was ruled self defense as the homeowner was retreating when he fired. It happened around Halloween and the kid did not speak english or at least not well, but when a stranger points a gun at you when you are on his property or in his garage / house your best bet is to retreat or surrender.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Reminds me of a similar incident (intruder in garage) that happened in B.R. years ago. A homeowner near LSU shot a foreign exchange student he caught in his garage. The intruder kept advancing after being warned and having a pistol aimed at him. I think it was ruled self defense as the homeowner was retreating when he fired. It happened around Halloween and the kid did not speak english or at least not well, but when a stranger points a gun at you when you are on his property or in his garage / house your best bet is to retreat or surrender.

That almost sounds like the Rodney Peairs story

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    That almost sounds like the Rodney Peairs story

It is. That's a whole other level of screwed up. Wife heard people outside and told him there were people trying to break in, and told him to go get his gun. He did, and went outside to confront the kid. The foreign exchange student didn't speak English, or understand halloween customs here. He thought the gun was fake and that it was all a joke, so he kept coming. Peairs shot and killed him. He got off, legally, but he spent every penny he had defending himself, and his wife ended up leaving him over all the stress. It's a lesson we could all learn from.

It's just not worth it!

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I agree with emperor that all parties made big mistakes. Leaving the door open and a purse out, and telling friend that you are going to shoot someone makes you a man-trapper. That is wrong. Entering someone's garage for the purpose of stealing alcohol is wrong, and, in the absence of the other evidence of it being a man-trap, could get you shot, and I would find it justifiable. And finally, "He didn't want to kill anyone," said Pflager, a detective. "He only wanted to make sure he and myself and son were alive at the end."

His girlfriend was a detective?????? And she allowed this???????

"Prosecutors said Kaarma and his live-in girlfriend, Janelle Pflager, had left the garage door open with a purse inside to catch the next intruder."

She should know better and be in jail herself for conspiracy to do murder.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I feel sorry for no one in this!

Understanding that the shooter got what he deserved; why does anyone feel it is harmless to go into some one's garage to look for ANYTHING, much less alcohol? It didn't say he was drunk, and it didn't say he was mentally ill when he voluntarily entered the strangers garage.

Cold as it may sound, both got what they deserved.

The kid made a mistake. The garage was open, so it would have been simple trespassing. I do not think the kid deserved to die for trespassing. On the surface, it was very bad judgement to shoot an unarmed kid for simple trespassing. I would be sitting in Angola or OPP right now if If I have done that to trespassers.
    This was First Degree Murder. He went fishing and took what he could get instead of throwing the little fish back. The psycho was so hell bent on killing an intruder that he did not care who it would be. It is too bad that he did not get a repeat offender or violent felon instead of kid with no record who made a little mistake.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've never understood people so emotionally attached to their crap that they'll kill someone over it. It's just absurd. I'm on the side of the legal system on these acts. I mean if it was law enforcement related they'd all be chanting entrapment. You can't play both sides of the coin.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The kid made a mistake. The garage was open, so it would have been simple trespassing. I do not think the kid deserved to die for trespassing. On the surface, it was very bad judgement to shoot an unarmed kid for simple trespassing. I would be sitting in Angola or OPP right now if If I have done that to trespassers.
    This was First Degree Murder. He went fishing and took what he could get instead of throwing the little fish back. The psycho was so hell bent on killing an intruder that he did not care who it would be. It is too bad that he did not get a repeat offender or violent felon instead of kid with no record who made a little mistake.

I've never understood people so emotionally attached to their crap that they'll kill someone over it. It's just absurd. I'm on the side of the legal system on these acts. I mean if it was law enforcement related they'd all be chanting entrapment. You can't play both sides of the coin.

Wait a second! The dead guys friend says it was just for alcohol. Forget this particular incident and think about a complete stranger entering your garage for ANYTHING. If you are in my garage you are basically in my house. You could easily sneak up behind me while I am toiling at my workbench (in what they call a boat garage), with Deep Purple cranked; crack me over the head, take whatever you want; then proceed into my unlocked door leading to my house and rape and kill my wife. That ain't f'n happening!

I get the trapping/baiting question. But you guys are assuming that if you are in your garage, and a giant man enters and says; "Hey, I'm going to take these guns you have on your bench and there is nothing you can do about it! Because if you do, I'm going to kick your ass all over the place!"

And I am supposed to sit there and say; "Okay! you're obviously bigger than me, and you have made up your mind to come in my garage and take whatever you want! Can I get you some water while you're at it?"

Ah, no!

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Wait a second! The dead guys friend says it was just for alcohol. Forget this particular incident and think about a complete stranger entering your garage for ANYTHING. If you are in my garage you are basically in my house. You could easily sneak up behind me while I am toiling at my workbench (in what they call a boat garage), with Deep Purple cranked; crack me over the head, take whatever you want; then proceed into my unlocked door leading to my house and rape and kill my wife. That ain't f'n happening!

I get the question. But you guys are assuming that if you are in your garage, and a giant man enters and says; "Hey, I'm going to take these guns you have on your bench and there is nothing you can do about it! Because if you do, I'm going to kick your ass all over the place!"

And I am supposed to sit there and say; "Okay! you're obviously bigger than me, and you have made up your mind to come in my garage and take whatever you want! Can I get you some water while you're at it?"

Ah, no!

that's a big difference from leaving your garage door 1/2 way open with visible goodies for the grabbing, then hiding with a gun. Or like the clown in montana or wherever that recorded the audio of killing two teenage home intruders after setting up a hunting camp downstairs and leaving his front door open.

If someone breaks into your car and is rummaging through your wallet, you are a F animal for killing him. If someone breaks into your home, knowing you are there, that's a different story. Leaving a trail of benjamins into your living room while you hide behind the couch with an AR is attempting legal murder, and justifies a more severe punishment imo.

These animals attempted legal murder, and its an embarrassing morality abuse of the laws designed to protect us. Furthermore, it is the root of why liberals think we need guns taken away. That's why I hate them, they make us all look like bloodthirsty war dogs.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    that's a big difference from leaving your garage door 1/2 way open with visible goodies for the grabbing, then hiding with a gun. Or like the clown in montana or wherever that recorded the audio of killing two teenage home intruders after setting up a hunting camp downstairs and leaving his front door open.

If someone breaks into your car and is rummaging through your wallet, you are a F animal for killing him. If someone breaks into your home, knowing you are there, that's a different story. Leaving a trail of benjamins into your living room while you hide behind the couch with an AR is attempting legal murder, and justifies a more severe punishment imo.

These animals attempted legal murder, and its an embarrassing morality abuse of the laws designed to protect us. Furthermore, it is the root of why liberals think we need guns taken away. That's why I hate them, they make us all look like bloodthirsty war dogs.

:bravo: :rockon:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom