Ban on All Gas Operated Firearms?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Sucks to be you, I only have direct impingement!
    I only have one gas-powered muzzle and I'm GOOD with it.

1000001386.jpg
    1000001388.gif
    1000001389.jpg

Last edited:

Strick8

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2018
    Hammond, LA
    As I pointed out on another forum:

“As weapons of war have become commonplace in America, so has the unfathomable carnage they wreak on our communities,” said John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety.

Well now, John, you just admitted that these so-called “weapons of war” are “commonplace in America”.

Consequently, under the “common use” test established in Heller, these weapons of war are protected under the 2A. Thank you.

The Heller court established the “common use” test to decide how a court should determine whether particular objects, or arms, should be protected by the Second Amendment. Specifically, do the arms being legislated or regulated constitute arms in “‘common use’... for lawful purposes like self-defense.”

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Good thing there is roller delay and direct blow back.....

"While the bill includes some exemptions, the majority of semi-automatic firearms fall under its purview. Exemptions include firearms chambered in .22 rimfire or less, bolt-action rifles, semi-automatic shotguns, and handguns with permanently fixed magazines of specific capacities. However, most other firearms using gas-operated systems and detachable magazines would be banned. This includes any weapon using short or long-stroke gas pistons, direct impingement actions, and recoil-operated systems."

I believe roller delay and direct blow back would fall under recoil operated.

Top Bottom