Base for generator

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    My plan is to mount my standby generator on two four foot long pieces of 6 X 6 treated lumber. What would be the best way to attach the beams to a concrete pad
    that is already there ? Would a liberal amount of Liquid Nails or Black Mastic be as good or better than drilling and installing anchors ?

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    why are you not mounting it directly to the concrete pad? if for some reason the answer is that you need it to be slightly elevated, I think a few of the small concrete / cinder bricks used in sewage / drainage work, or a couple pieces of lightweight channel iron or I-beam would be better than wood.

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    why are you not mounting it directly to the concrete pad? if for some reason the answer is that you need it to be slightly elevated, I think a few of the small concrete / cinder bricks used in sewage / drainage work, or a couple pieces of lightweight channel iron or I-beam would be better than wood.

"Ike" got within a foot vertically of the pad. And another foot above that puts it at house slab level. Figure if house floods I won't need the generator anyway. Was hoping the
    wood would dampen a lot of vibration thus cutting down some on the noise. Large piece of wood out in the open is most difficult to set on fire. Using Natural Gas so no chance of fuel leaking and soaking into the wood.

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Get some concrete anchors from home depot. Threaded inserts that you drill a hole and drive them in. Then use threaded rod thought the wood. 3/8 would be plenty big enough. I would use steel and rubber pads for vibration instead of wood.

Top Bottom