Bayou dragon...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Damn I guess it's been a while since I went there. But I went this morning to teach my mom/step dad some basics and get them familiar with their first pistol. Wow .. drastic night and day difference from last time I went (prolly 2 years ago). It's not to hot in there, or anything. Dont think I caught the girls name at the counter but she seems cool as ****. Definitely will be starting to go back and make some monthly trips with my step dad

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Wow, been a number of years but I was coughing up black for a few days after shooting there. It was horrible! I could have used a respirator! It was run down. Like I said, it’s been years. Glad to know they fixed it up.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Wow, been a number of years but I was coughing up black for a few days after shooting there. It was horrible! I could have used a respirator! It was run down. Like I said, it’s been years. Glad to know they fixed it up.
    The ventilation still isn’t the best but definitely much better than it was before they upgraded. I still blow out black boogers after leaving lol

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I wonder if he would let me shoot a 7.5" ar pistol with the SB Tactical SB15 now? It wasn't allowed there in 2013 when it had a letter of ATF approval with each brace.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I wonder if he would let me shoot a 7.5" ar pistol with the SB Tactical SB15 now? It wasn't allowed there in 2013 when it had a letter of ATF approval with each brace.

Biden is trying to change that, ban AR pistols with a brace too, just like ghost guns (home built/finished lower receivers). The ATF has a worksheet on the AR15 pistol/SB brace thingy. I have a copy, each weapon accrues points. Too many points = illegal. Not law yet but its coming very soon. The ATF recently shutdown 90% of the form 1 silencers and applications, in the last 3 months. New interpretations of ATF/NFA rules.

Some guy used a braced AR15 pistol in a mass shooting in the last 24 months so Biden says we gotta ban those too. Biden says too easy to hide under a coat or in a bag. Biden logic = don't make people accountable for their actions or misdeeds, lets ban the tool. He's also fixing to re-instate high cap magazine ban. Obama's ban from 5 or 10 years ago. I wonder if Biden is gonna ban machetes or a pick axe?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    A few indoor gun ranges don't allow short barreled AR15 braced pistols BC of the blast/concussion, and control of the weapon while firing. Least the excuse I have heard before. Their range = their rules.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    A few indoor gun ranges don't allow short barreled AR15 braced pistols BC of the blast/concussion, and control of the weapon while firing. Least the excuse I have heard before. Their range = their rules.
    Oh for sure. I 100% agree. I have worked at/managed a gunshop with a range on and off since 2011. No issues with a private business policy. It's their right to do so.

It was when the guy behind the counter decided to call the local branch of the ATF to see how he should police his customers in front of me is when I drew the line. This is after he read the ATF approval letter that I handed him. I asked him straight up if he called them after he hung up and asked what they said. He was like oh yeah its fine, you can shoot it. It was obvious they told him that it was fine.

I packed up my sh!t and bounced... I haven't been back to BD since. I do not plan on returning anytime soon.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Oh for sure. I 100% agree. I have worked at/managed a gunshop with a range on and off since 2011. No issues with a private business policy. It's their right to do so.

It was when the guy behind the counter decided to call the local branch of the ATF to see how he should police his customers in front of me is when I drew the line. This is after he read the ATF approval letter that I handed him. I asked him straight up if he called them after he hung up and asked what they said. He was like oh yeah its fine, you can shoot it. It was obvious they told him that it was fine.

I packed up my sh!t and bounced... I haven't been back to BD since. I do not plan on returning anytime soon.
    He sounds like he was being an azz clown that day.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Won't step foot in bayou dragon.. The lady that works there is super nice... Her brother on the other hand.....i dont care for him.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Biden is trying to change that, ban AR pistols with a brace too, just like ghost guns (home built/finished lower receivers). The ATF has a worksheet on the AR15 pistol/SB brace thingy. I have a copy, each weapon accrues points. Too many points = illegal. Not law yet but its coming very soon. The ATF recently shutdown 90% of the form 1 silencers and applications, in the last 3 months. New interpretations of ATF/NFA rules.

Some guy used a braced AR15 pistol in a mass shooting in the last 24 months so Biden says we gotta ban those too. Biden says too easy to hide under a coat or in a bag. Biden logic = don't make people accountable for their actions or misdeeds, lets ban the tool. He's also fixing to re-instate high cap magazine ban. Obama's ban from 5 or 10 years ago. I wonder if Biden is gonna ban machetes or a pick axe?
    Biden and the DOJ doesn't have constitutional power to ban anything related to arms, period. The days of allowing the ATF to decide which arms, features, and ammo are over. Just remember this when they flex: submit letters, call/email your local reps, legislators, senators and congress people and be vocal. And IF they do push it through do not comply or enforce. The CCP would not be able to rule over the people of China with an iron fist if they were not complicit and compliant. Shift your eyes East to China if you believe we should comply with regulations that undermine the one framework that guarantees and protects our freedoms. Because that's what will transpire in the US if we allow bureaucrats to regulate our freedoms.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Most of my weapons are built on 80% lowers for 2 reasons. 1. I simply enjoy the build process. 2. It's satisfying to be with a group of people shooting and see their $1000+ store bought rifle stovepipe, fte, ftf, etc... While my "homebrew" using quality parts keeps on going without a hiccup. Lol... Katie, if you're reading this and have an issue with it, you have my number. I'll be happy to do another interview with you at PJ's. Maybe dinner after?

Last edited:

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    BD has come a long way. The first time I went over there I passed the place up 3 time, Didn't realize the place was a run down shack. Over all condition of the place scared the hell out of me. I wasn't even out of the car 30sec, and got this rush of get the F out of here. Got back in the car and left. I meet up with some friend before heading to the Glock match they were having. Things were much better when I get there the second time.

The owner of BD starting having some health issue and the Daughter and the Son-in-Law took over running the place and as you can see they have been doing ALOT of work to the building and the Range itself. The place has really made a 360deg turn around. It's a place that I don't mind going to now. Haven't been in a while, taking a break from the Glock Matches for a while. Maybe I'll go to the next series of Glock Matches. Living in BR now is going to make it much harder to justify time and money to make the drive out that way.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    BD has come a long way. The first time I went over there I passed the place up 3 time, Didn't realize the place was a run down shack. Over all condition of the place scared the hell out of me. I wasn't even out of the car 30sec, and got this rush of get the F out of here. Got back in the car and left. I meet up with some friend before heading to the Glock match they were having. Things were much better when I get there the second time.

The owner of BD starting having some health issue and the Daughter and the Son-in-Law took over running the place and as you can see they have been doing ALOT of work to the building and the Range itself. The place has really made a 360deg turn around. It's a place that I don't mind going to now. Haven't been in a while, taking a break from the Glock Matches for a while. Maybe I'll go to the next series of Glock Matches. Living in BR now is going to make it much harder to justify time and money to make the drive out that way.
    I don’t think it was ever that bad lol it just wasn’t updated for awhile. The only place I e ever felt uncomfortable shooting was St.Bernard indoor shooting center.
    I left early a couple of times after getting flagged several times from a group of guys who rented guns reeking of weed taking pictures with guns for social media to look cool. The last time I went I left after about 30-40 minutes.
    I kept hearing the guy next to me telling the girl he was shooting with “ keep your gun pointed down range”, “stop turning it sideways”, “keep your finger off the trigger”
    Then a group of guys walked in smelling like weed and all they did was take turn taking pictures with the guns flagging everyone in the place. If all that wasn’t bad enough I turn around to go throw some trash away and some guy is sitting directly behind me with his gun pointed directly at me trying to remove a live round from it that was stuck.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The days of allowing the ATF to decide which arms, features, and ammo are over. Just remember this when they flex: submit letters, call/email your local reps, legislators, senators and congress people and be vocal. And IF they do push it through do not comply or enforce.

The ATF recently changed their interpretation of NFA rules and pretty much shut down the F1 silencer process, business, and community as of Feb 2022. I'm a mod on an F1 forum, one that has been in existence for at least 6 or 7 years. The AG and ATF has killed 80% of approved F1 silencers effectively, unless litigation down the road reverses this.

JK Armament is no longer selling solvent trap kits on line. Most vendors have SD too, in the wind. Solvent trap kits as of Feb 2022 can no longer be F1'd (ATF approval) into a silencer. The ATF has also SD the chinese solvent trap kits, or "car gas filters" coming into the US, being sold on line. They have been working on this for about a 1.5 years now.

The ATF has a worksheet for braced pistols. They have been working on this for prob 12 months. Biden pushed this, to the AG and ATF. The ATF has been accepting public feedback on the braced worksheet and what is proposed, but that period is now closed. If I remember right, the worksheet will be implemented/enforced starting August 2022. Its coming whether you or I like it or not.

You can choose to be tough guy and not comply, or willfully resist. But AFT charges/convictions can result in up to 10 year prison sentences, and/or fines up to 250k. We have a former kit vendor (DM Machine) who was SD by the AFT. They seized his inventory, SD his website immediately, seized his computer and records. This occurred prob a year ago, lost his livelyhood/machine shop, faces an ongoing investigation and harrassment. And massive legal costs. Chris will prob be bankrupt, if not already. The ATF can also seize all of your your machinery if they think its used to commit a crime. Financial assets too if they deem them as proceeds from illegal activities.

ATF and asset seizures: https://www.atf.gov/asset-forfeiture

I don't agree with Biden's ATF for damned sure. They are changing existing NFA rule/regs interpretations as I type, which is pretty f**ked up imo. But as an individual if you try to blatantly or willfully defy their laws or regs, you are asking for real trouble/serious heartache. For your family too if you have one. One other thing, a local cop can detain you if he chooses to, and call in an ATF agent for regulation interpretation/enforcement. So like if a local cop sees you firing your bump stock @ a public range, (heck even on your own private property for that matter) he could question you and perhaps detain you/take you into custody til the ATF agent arrives. Unusual but it has happened. Louisiana is really gun friendly.

Last edited:

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge

You might try the FRC range on Choctaw in BR. Nice facility, nice folks. They have done some Glock Matches last year. Haven't been regularly lately, so don't know what is current.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    You might try the FRC range on Choctaw in BR. Nice facility, nice folks. They have done some Glock Matches last year. Haven't been regularly lately, so don't know what is current.
    I know all about FRC. I've been shooting the USPSA Practice Night on Tuesday. Taking a break from that for a little bit. You know Primers don't grow on trees. LOL.
    I was the one that talked them into bring the Glock Matches to that range.
    <<<The Avatar pics to the left is me at FRC from their very first GSSF Glock Match and still use on their website.

Top Bottom