Bear killed by motorist- IN WALKER!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Last year I talked to Maria Davidson, LDWF Large Carnivore Program Manager about the two my girlfriend saw in Port Vincent. I asked if she needed the exact location that she saw them. She said no that they were just passing though and would be long gone by the time I got in touch with her.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Yes, Bear charged Officer and he took defensive measures.

Wow...Thanks for the info. Can't say I blame the guy! I've seen a couple up close at my camp, and they looked like they could do some damage if you caught them on a bad day....:eek3:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Walker policeman shoots black bear in self defense
    by Associated Press

wwltv.com

Posted on June 30, 2010 at 6:40 PM

WALKER, La. (AP) -- The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries says a Walker police officer stumbled on an injured Louisiana black bear and killed it in self defense.

It happened after Louisiana's second bear traffic wreck in three days.

The officer was called after a pickup truck hit an animal about 11 p.m. Tuesday. Maria Davidson, the wildlife department's large carnivore program manager, says the driver couldn't tell what she had hit before it entered nearby woods.

She says the officer was looking for the injured animal but didn't see the 350- to 400-pound bear until it was about 4 feet away.

Wildlife veterinarian Jim LaCour says he could not tell whether the bear could have survived injuries from the wreck.

On Sunday, a car killed a 250-pound bear in St. Martin Parish, about 50 miles from Walker.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Top Bottom