Bearcreek arsenal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Looking for input on bearcreek arsenal ar10 rifles. The 18" 6.5 creedmore has caught my eye. I understand these arent top tier rifles but they seem to be pretty well reviewed. Looking for some first hand experience with them. This will be used for deer hunting primarily for my daughter but would work for a backup if i was inclined to use it. Possibly for some hog huntin as well. Will likely top it with a vortex crossfire 2 4-12x50 which is what i have on my older daughters 7mm-08.

Bayou Knives

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Crowville
    I own two BCA AR15s. One is a 16" carbine 223 and the other is a 20" in 6.5 grendel
    Ive also been involved with assembling 3 others. Not one complaint, problem or inaccuracies. I just ordered a 308 upper that was on sale. I've had great service on ordering and once the package didn't contain a magazine i ordered
    Called them up and had it in 3 days

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana
    I have a couple in 5.56 and no complaints at all. Can't beat the price point for what you get. Have one coming in .308 due to the sale, and going to see. I've had RRA, DPMS, COLT, Bushmaster, and WOA, and while a few have edged BCA out on accuracy, from a reliability standpoint, I have yet to see a difference

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I can only attest to the barrels. I’ve used a few of the larger profile barrels in .308, 6.5 creedmore and .223 Wylde and they’ve all been trouble free and well worth the money. One of the AR 10 barrels has seen about 4k rounds now and still going strong. It’s been my loaner pig shooter catch all for about 4-5 years I reckon. They work well if you’re a plinker, but if you’re looking for that battle rifle to fight…er... Zee Germans, maybe go for the high dollar stuff?
    I’m assuming they’re assembling in house with their barrels and parts from other sources. If the parts list origins check out it would then all boil down to their QC.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    No complaints. I've built a few rifles over the years with their stuff. I remember reading that all their stuff is fabricated/built in house. When they first started, the barrel bores we're a little off center but that has apparently been fixed (there was a thread on here about it. I believe Austin or Ryan (RCM92) even posted some pictures If I remember correctly). The weapons I built with their stuff have since been sold off to buddies, but not one of them has complained, and they run the snot out of them at the range.

Bayou Knives

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Crowville
    I can only attest to the barrels. I’ve used a few of the larger profile barrels in .308, 6.5 creedmore and .223 Wylde and they’ve all been trouble free and well worth the money. One of the AR 10 barrels has seen about 4k rounds now and still going strong. It’s been my loaner pig shooter catch all for about 4-5 years I reckon. They work well if you’re a plinker, but if you’re looking for that battle rifle to fight…er... Zee Germans, maybe go for the high dollar stuff?
    I’m assuming they’re assembling in house with their barrels and parts from other sources. If the parts list origins check out it would then all boil down to their QC.
    They actually manufacture all main parts in house

E--rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Washington
    I have had a few of them.
    Worked on a few of them.

In 308 win I would go with aero build.

7.62x39 is gtg side charge is nice.
    Real pain to get barrels off.
    Torch heat and found since I'm using new hand gaurd just use a pipe wrench and ball peen hammer to" tap " it off brute force not so much.....

DaMaj

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 21, 2007
    West St. Tammany, LA
    Recently purchased an assembled upper in 6.5 Grendel. The rear take down pin on my Spikes lower would not enter the corresponding lug in the BCA upper. RMA sent with little hassle and I got a prompt refund

YMMV

Swampfox1942

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2023
    Vidor TX
    I have a 223 and a 300blk for over a year with no problems. They are very accurate. See attached pictures.The first one is 300blk freehand at 50 yrds. the 2nd is the 223 at the same .

Attachments

• IMG_1352.JPG
      IMG_1352.JPG
      473.5 KB · Views: 48
    • IMG_1354.JPG
      IMG_1354.JPG
      209.1 KB · Views: 42

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    10 shot Sub 1” group at 50 yards with a bear creek free hand, that is pretty impressive, exspecially with quality high $ ars are usually 1.5moa @ 100yrds… must have a lpvo on there and one heck of a trigger or shooting with irons?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    10 shot Sub 1” group at 50 yards with a bear creek free hand, that is pretty impressive, exspecially with quality high $ ars are usually 1.5moa @ 100yrds… must have a lpvo on there and one heck of a trigger or shooting with irons?
    I was just going to say this….. I must be doing something wrong lol.

It’s definitely possible but I’m not that good of a shot with any of my ARs to print a 10rd group like that free handed at 50 yards.

Swampfox1942

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2023
    Vidor TX
    A 59.00 Bushnell Banner 4x12x42 with dusk to dawn optics. Midway USA had them on sell.

Top Bottom