Becoming involved in the Polls, and School Board

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Are y'all tired of people ruining the state? Many of us have the same issue...we're vocal, reasonable, and sadly uninvolved. We have to get on School Boards and involved in Election Integrity so that we can prevent as much theft and manipulation as possible, and to deny wokism through actual awareness. Here is how to get involved in the Polls/Voting Process: https://precinctstrategy.com/becoming-a-precinct-committeeman-step-by-step/

If anyone has tips on becoming part of the School Boards in La, please share. We need neighborhood schools again, which is really a pipe dream for the educational system, and if that doesnt happen we can at least put speed bumps on the road to calamity.

If YOU aren't taking these positions, some young woke and hateful liberal is....

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I’m in education. To become part of the school board you just need to register to get on the ballot and then win. In some parishes there are many school members which makes it easy to run and win but they hold little power. In other large parishes with fewer members it is much more political and you will have to campaign in win.

State legislators play a big role in what goes on in education. Vote or run or at the very least let them know how you feel. Also don’t forget about BESE board members

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Are y'all tired of people ruining the state? Many of us have the same issue...we're vocal, reasonable, and sadly uninvolved. We have to get on School Boards and involved in Election Integrity so that we can prevent as much theft and manipulation as possible, and to deny wokism through actual awareness. Here is how to get involved in the Polls/Voting Process: https://precinctstrategy.com/becoming-a-precinct-committeeman-step-by-step/

If anyone has tips on becoming part of the School Boards in La, please share. We need neighborhood schools again, which is really a pipe dream for the educational system, and if that doesnt happen we can at least put speed bumps on the road to calamity.

If YOU aren't taking these positions, some young woke and hateful liberal is....

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I know what I don’t want.

Why do I feel like that is personal? I'd rather you on the School Board than a liberal, even though you're an authoritarian...at least, I think, you're slightly conservative anyway. I'm more conservative than the vast majority of conservatives, but am not authoritarian. Why you wouldn't want me to watch elections...no idea, pretty sure that I haven't ever been known as a dishonest person. :wtc:

But hey, go ahead and derail a thread that can help people better their community, so you can take a jab at someone online. Super effective way to spread your philosophy. I guess you have job security and a post like this may lead to less crime, and you and your brothers having a safer job. Law 3, check.
    :heart:

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Why do I feel like that is personal? I'd rather you on the School Board than a liberal, even though you're an authoritarian...at least, I think, you're slightly conservative anyway. I'm more conservative than the vast majority of conservatives, but am not authoritarian. Why you wouldn't want me to watch elections...no idea, pretty sure that I haven't ever been known as a dishonest person. :wtc:

But hey, go ahead and derail a thread that can help people better their community, so you can take a jab at someone online. Super effective way to spread your philosophy. I guess you have job security and a post like this may lead to less crime, and you and your brothers having a safer job. Law 3, check.
    :heart:

What do you do for a living?

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Signed up to be a poll worker in WBR. Training class took all of 1 hour and 15 minutes. A couple of people in the class have worked polls before and said that 90% of the training will be OJT. However, it did cover all the checks and balances, how to verify the voting machines integrity, and what to do when an irregularity occurs. Even if I never get called to work a poll, I'm confident in the process.

Just waiting for the phone call from the Commissioner-In-Charge to get my polling place assigned. Our next election is November 8th. Have to report at the polling place at 0530 to set up shop.

Attached are the requirements to become a poll worker. The link to "Informational Pamphlet for Election Day Voting" is worth a read even if you never intend to work a poll. https://www.sos.la.gov/ElectionsAnd...InformationalPamphletForElectionDayVoting.pdf

Attachments

• commissioner training.pdf
      47.2 KB · Views: 66

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Signed up to be a poll worker in WBR. Training class took all of 1 hour and 15 minutes. A couple of people in the class have worked polls before and said that 90% of the training will be OJT. However, it did cover all the checks and balances, how to verify the voting machines integrity, and what to do when an irregularity occurs. Even if I never get called to work a poll, I'm confident in the process.

Just waiting for the phone call from the Commissioner-In-Charge to get my polling place assigned. Our next election is November 8th. Have to report at the polling place at 0530 to set up shop.

Attached are the requirements to become a poll worker. The link to "Informational Pamphlet for Election Day Voting" is worth a read even if you never intend to work a poll. https://www.sos.la.gov/ElectionsAnd...InformationalPamphletForElectionDayVoting.pdf
    Thank you!

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Thank you!
    You're quite welcome. Just doing my part for Democracy. By the way the requirements and procedures are the same in every parish. Just get with the parish Clerk of Court and sign up. Can't say for anywhere else but in WBR they are begging for poll workers. In the training class it was mentioned that here and there poll workers have been brought in from out of parish to fill the slots.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    When I voted today there were problems with the voting machines...specifically with the selection of School Board candidates.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    When I voted today there were problems with the voting machines...specifically with the selection of School Board candidates.
    High probably that a wrong lockout button was pressed. Lockouts work this way. Let's say that half your precinct votes for dog catcher because it is in the city limits. Being out of the city limits means you don't get to vote for dog catcher. What happens when someone from outside the city limits comes to vote they will see that dog catcher is on the ballot but are not eligible to vote on it. Pressing the predetermined lockout button will lock them out of voting on that issue.

More information can be found starting on page 49 of the Informational Pamphlet for Election Day Voting.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    High probably that a wrong lockout button was pressed. Lockouts work this way. Let's say that half your precinct votes for dog catcher because it is in the city limits. Being out of the city limits means you don't get to vote for dog catcher. What happens when someone from outside the city limits comes to vote they will see that dog catcher is on the ballot but are not eligible to vote on it. Pressing the predetermined lockout button will lock them out of voting on that issue.

More information can be found starting on page 49 of the Informational Pamphlet for Election Day Voting.
    I understand, however in this case I walked in the room and they said, "We are having trouble with this machine, let us know if you cant choose who you want and we'll put you on another machine. It's not letting some people pick the School Board candidate they want."

It did not sound nefarious but little things like that are enough for a lot of people to not take the time to select who they intended, because they just don't want to take 20 seconds to make it happen. People are often lazy. If 1 in 10 people did not re-vote, when tens of thousands of people vote, it would make a big difference!

I selected each candidate and did not experience a problem.

Top Bottom